News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1050 Owners, do not do this...

Started by abruzzi, August 22, 2007, 05:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

As you may be aware, your bike is not capable of doing this.  So to save yourself the embarrassment of accidentally being sucessful, please don't do it.  And, if you do do it, please do not tell anyone, and certainly don't film it and put it on youtube.  If more of these get out, people might start thinking it can do this, and that would just cause problems.  Who would buy a vstrom then?

Geof

Jim S

Wow! Good to see the Tiger's more than capable of what they say it can't do!
Answers a few questions for me regarding the roadie.

I was North of there last month at Bardonecchia for the Stella Alpina, lovely down in that area, I came home by Briancon. Gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing that mate.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

CBAT

Well done! There needs to be more reports like that to answer the nay sayers.
Bruce

WIDGIN

That's not fighting fair.  I've been using it's reduced dirt capability to dislike the new Tiger.  But now you're showing me a 1050 on a nice dirt road?  Completely, absolutely unfair.  Good thing the aftermarket doesn't make skidplates and engine protection for it.

Yet.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

tigerrider

Quote from: "WIDGIN"That's not fighting fair.  I've been using it's reduced dirt capability to dislike the new Tiger.  But now you're showing me a 1050 on a nice dirt road?  Completely, absolutely unfair.  Good thing the aftermarket doesn't make skidplates and engine protection for it.
Yet.

Oh no!
They have crashbars http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3078 now, but thankfully, no skidplate yet...

Whew..that was close! :wink:

Some sheet metal jocket has to do it soon, right?

abruzzi

Quote from: "tigerrider"
Quote from: "WIDGIN"That's not fighting fair.  I've been using it's reduced dirt capability to dislike the new Tiger.  But now you're showing me a 1050 on a nice dirt road?  Completely, absolutely unfair.  Good thing the aftermarket doesn't make skidplates and engine protection for it.
Yet.

Oh no!
They have crashbars http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3078 now, but thankfully, no skidplate yet...

Whew..that was close! :wink:

Some sheet metal jocket has to do it soon, right?

Someone hide this thread from Stretch.  

Geof

Stretch

Advwannabe

Think I'd like to see it tackling something a mite more challenging. We used to ride roads like that on our 1000cc japper UJMs.

But it is nice to see the possibilities.....
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

blacktiger

Is anyone making knoblies to fit yet?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

nightrunner

OK, neat vid, but you all did see the ride report (or link) on Advrider about the guy who put TKC's or something on his R-1 and did a long term tour on dirt roads.  Don't recall if he went around the world but he hit several countries at least.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

droopydawg

Good video.  I've ridden on a road of the same condition last August.  30miles of Phantom Canyon Rd (between Pueblo and Canyon City, Colorado).  I was very impressed with the Tiger's stability all while I was loaded down with luggage and camping gear.  The stock rubber was adequate, but thinking of going with Dunlop D616 when I tackle the AlCan in 09.

Jamming

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Think I'd like to see it tackling something a mite more challenging. We used to ride roads like that on our 1000cc japper UJMs.

But it is nice to see the possibilities.....

I'll try and fit my camera by this Saturday. If anything I'll take a still of the road I regularly travel. Calling it a goat trail is being kind. A friend lives about 2.5 miles down the road.
The Tiger does fine, its only limited by the tires. The Pilot roads are terrible off road tires  :roll:

rxcoop

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /4088/596/

ok...the skid plates are here (and look damn nice i might add).  now we need some anakees or tourances in 17in fronts and we'll be good to go !!!
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>

Stretch

Ah, the aftermarket is catching up.  Good to see.

scfrank

Very nice.

Can I ask location? Country?