News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hi everyone...I have sinned.

Started by Brock, December 21, 2003, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

How come it took me so long to find you?

The names's Chris and I'm in Shropshire, UK.

Firstly an admission;

I have sinned, but I want to repent.

Had a go on a Caponord last week...absolutely loved it.

So I did some research on an owners website.

Sounds like Caponord owners hold the Tigger in almost as high esteem as we do!!!

Anyway now I'm repenting. The Tigger stays.

What made me see sense?

The ride home from the test ride, and reliability/build quality questions hanging over the Capo.

My only problem with my Tigger is corrosion.

("001 955i, now showing 8.5 K miles, and the powder coating is starting to peel off the bottom of the ngine)

I've already replaced all the scuzzy mild steel engine bolts with stainless cap-heads. Not good really, but there you go...even with these faults I love her. "Hi honey...I'm home".

Glad I've found a decent Tigger website. I'll be back.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

TigerTrax

Aye Brock me lad ....  you have been tempted and for that you should feel the pain. For a true believer will not be tempted!

I cast upon you a fine of 'one pint of ale for all here' ....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Aye Brock me lad ....  you have been tempted and for that you should feel the pain. For a true believer will not be tempted!

I cast upon you a fine of 'one pint of ale for all here' ....

Mines a pint of "Cains dark mild".

Brock

Believe me...I have felt the pain. The Capo was the only one I hadn't tried before the Tigger so I had to. I'm glad I did, 'cos now I know for sure...my bike's better than any of them.

Hey...Blacktiger...re. ceebaileys screens...I've ordered one through woodysimportarium so I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival. Only a couple of quid more than you paid so I'm not complaining.

I can't beleive there's been so many views of my post but only a couple of responses. Everyone asleep out there?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

TigerTrax

We like to read about sinners and see them suffer ... not many dare to comment though .... the fires are kind of close!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

XPADREX

I got a PM from Brock, and realized I hadn't updated.

I went ahead and bought a Capo- for reasons of my own, However, as Brock mentioned, I hold the Tiger in exceedingly high esteem, and in facxt it was the front-runner before I made my purchase.

I still like them- but there was a convergence of issues, features, and deals that made the Capo right for me at this particular time.

However, the Tiger (in my review) came out ahead of the Multistrada and the VSTROM- which I both tested.

If I had already purchased one, and had no problems, I wouldn't have suddenly decided to get a Capo- so I think your in good shape riding a different bike, but coming back to your own. It's a great one.