News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How many Tigers?

Started by Anonymous, December 23, 2003, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

I was wondering the other day just  how many Tigers there are in the world.

I'd have to think > 10,000 units just to justify mass production, but that's a not-particularly-scientific wild-ass guess.

It'd be nice to have a break down by country too .

Has the factory ever released this sort of data?

Signed: Curious

BMSBIKE
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

RobZ

There is only one in Sachse Texas  :D

Rocketman

There's only one in Alexandria, LA. !!! :D
2000 Tiger (Blue)

BMW K1200RS (Ice and RED)

F650ST (My wifes\' bike)

I work so hard to afford the toys I don\'t have time to play with!!

I've got one in my garage.

zombie

I've got one in bits and it's spread all over the place

TbA

....and a black one in Falun, Sweden.  :P
MCK Wheelers

Falun

Sweden

albin

Quote from: "TbA"....and a black one in Falun, Sweden.  :P

....and at least one in Gothenburg Sweden  :wink:

Brock

At the beginning of the twentieth century there were 40,000 Tigers in India.  Apparently there are only about 5,000 left now.

Sobering thought eh?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Lucifertiger

Hey I know I got the only lucifer on in Canberra!

Wrangler

I know of one kept in captivity, at a dealer in Edmonton Alberta.  It's planned release date is April 23, where it will take a circuituous route through Albuquerque, New Mexico, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and all points in-between.

Her final home will be Southwestern Ontario, where she will be free to mark her teritory with such perimeters as, Pennsylvania, Timmins, Ont, Prince Edward County, Quebec, etc.

I've heard she's not afraid to "mix it up" in densely populated urban jungles either.
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

AK Tiger

There are two more Tigers on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska.  According to the weather forecast, we're supposed to be hit with even MORE of that dang white stuff (that'd be snow for those of you in the more southernly regions).  So it looks like the Tigers up here won't be proweling the streets anytime soon! :cry:

Darrell
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)