News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mods Project - heated grips and crash bars

Started by RiderX, October 25, 2007, 09:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiderX

Ok, I think it's time I give posting pictures here a try. I installed Hepco-Becker engine guards and heated grips this last weekend. I looked all over pictures here and on ADV to try and find someone who had a good location for the heated grips switch, to no avail. So the first shot is of my bike in all it's glory, then two of the newly mounted crashnburn bars and finally one of the instrument cluster with the aformentioned switch. Oh, and I can not begin to tell you how wonderful my nice, warm grips are mornings here in Ideehoo when the temps are below 40 degrees like they have been of late! I also have to say I really like the way the bars turned out and prefer the looks and lines of them to the vertical ones from ThunderBike.

My Tigger, full view, with bags mounted:

HB engine guards, right side:

HB engine guards, left side:

Instrument cluster, HG switch @ top-left:

CBAT

She's a beaut! I tested my crash bars last week and they worked like promised. The imovable object, a cooler sized boulder, didnt' move an neither did the crash bar. Definately save my engine. I didn't get a picture of the bike up a gainst the rock, wish I had taken the time but I was tired and just wanted to get back to camp. Watch for a ride report once I get it all sorted out.
Bruce

pit0rz

Very nice!  I am planning on heated grips for my '03 too.  The Triumph set is roughly $200.  I see some at Twisted Throttle for half that.  Is there any REALLY GOOD reason to spend double for the Triumph set?  Do they integrate into the factory wiring some how?
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

blacktiger

Quote from: "pit0rz"Do they integrate into the factory wiring some how?

Yes. There's a dedicated plug behind the fairing.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

RiderX

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "pit0rz"Do they integrate into the factory wiring some how?

Yes. There's a dedicated plug behind the fairing.

My buddy bought the Triumph HGs for that because they came with fatter grips and have internal wiring. I paid $45 for mine at the local Kawasaki dealer and they work just as well. I used the splice that was included to hook into the dedicated plug wiring.

curt

Nice. You'll sure appreciate them on the cool mornings like this one. It was about 34 when I left my house in Ideehoo. Used them most of the day. The crash bars are a nice addition. Where abouts are you? I'm in Hailey.

Curt
So many roads, so little time

RiderX

Quote from: "curt"Nice. You'll sure appreciate them on the cool mornings like this one. It was about 34 when I left my house in Ideehoo. Used them most of the day. The crash bars are a nice addition. Where abouts are you? I'm in Hailey.

Curt

Hey Curt, I'm in Eagle. Went through Hailey this summer when my two buds ('05 Tiger and a '97 RT) and I were in Ketchum to take the ERC through STAR. Gald to meet'cha! What are you riding?

curt

Quote from: "RiderX"
Quote from: "curt"Nice. You'll sure appreciate them on the cool mornings like this one. It was about 34 when I left my house in Ideehoo. Used them most of the day. The crash bars are a nice addition. Where abouts are you? I'm in Hailey.

Curt

Hey Curt, I'm in Eagle. Went through Hailey this summer when my two buds ('05 Tiger and a '97 RT) and I were in Ketchum to take the ERC through STAR. Gald to meet'cha! What are you riding?

I'm riding a grey, 05 Tiger. Just picked it up this summer and it's been good fun. I get your way a few times a year. The folks I ride with are mostly on the road. I occasionally take the forest service roads for a change of scenery. :)
Riding this time of year is getting kinda iffy. just pick the good days and go...
So many roads, so little time

wuff

What year is your Tiger? I like the look of the crash bars I want to get some for mine. I go to pick my 06 up this Sat. Man I can't wait  :D . I may look into heated grips at the end of the year. I need to see if I really need or not. This is my 1st bike in like 15 or 20 years. So I may turn out to be a fair weather rider lol. Any ways Great looking Cat you have there. See ya on the road.
No matter where you are, You are there.