News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Evil Knievel RIP 10/17/1938-11/30/2007

Started by TriumphTengu, December 01, 2007, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriumphTengu

I saw Evil jump 19 trucks at the Ontario Motor Speedway in California on Feburary 28th, 1971. I was from a poor family so I paid $4.50 to stand inside the track to see the race. Well lucky me, this put me right in front of the jump! Evil cleared the jump (impressed the hell out of me) and road his bike over to the crowd where I was standing in front of everone else (as always) and yelled at him "You da Man"! Stradling his bike he stuck his hand out and I shook it with all my might (I was only 18 years old) and he winced in pain.
The next day in the paper the write up said he had broken the little finger on his right hand when landing! I hated myself for hurting him.
I've thought of that jump many times over the years.
Hey Evil, jump some trucks up in heaven for my mom and dad and older brother. You da man.
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Stretch

I was a fan also, 'cept I just watched him do his thing on TV.

Badass.

Rest in Peace.

aeronca

LONG LIVE THE KING. HE MADE TRIUMPH'S AND HARLEY'S FLY - A REAL MAN! :!:  give 'em hell up there.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!