News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

THEY DON'T LIKE MUD .
the 805 shinko is more aggressive than the 705

these are 805's

cavi

Yes I saw those tires, and I would propbably not go that route, I ma not a big fan of the rear design, seems like the center blocks could have been moved around a bit and offset so you didn't have just complete strips of blocks.  I  am also looking twords the met.  Karoo3 and the mitas MC60  ?  Also in contention are the TKC70 and the mitas e-07 dakar.  Noth of those seem like they might be a better direction to go.

blacktiger

Quote from: cavi on May 02, 2016, 03:48:54 AM
seams most of the tires discussed here are geared twords road use.  I am one who uses the bike on fire roads and gravel roads.  My 99 came to me with new metzler torance tires, but I would really like something that would do a bit better off road but not die on the pavement.  I am looking into a couple tires, the scout, the anaklee wild and conti tkc.
Opinions!!!

You need the Mitas E07. Great tyre and last forever because the 150/70x17 is dual compound.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

cavi

after reading for hours on the subject, I am deffinitly leaning twords the mitas e07 in the dakkar version.  seems like a good tire between the full knobbie and the tire I am running now.

threepot

Anyone tried the Heidenhau Scout? Tempted to try them,or Mitas?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Gnomad

I tried a set of Shinko 705's and had nothing but unhappiness with them. They made the bike oversteer and feel skittish, worked poorly in  the wet, and overall raised the height of the bike to the tippy toe level. replaced with battlewings and now it's a happier bike.

Bixxer Bob

We use Heidenhaus on our classic  race bike.  They are super sticky and grip well but not great in the wet.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

CaptureTheBeer

G'day all

Just fitted the Motoz Tractinator GPS to the Girly after reading some decent reviews around the place.

It's a 50/50 tyre which is about as long lived as a Heidenau K60, but apparently better in the wet.  I don't expect them to handle as well as the anakees, but that's what you get with a compromise tyre.

They're an Aussie owned and designed Thai made tyre.  The company has been making dirt bike tyres for years and has been making road tyres for about the past 5-6years.

I've only done a about 70km after coming off a very well worn set of Anakees, so I can't comment on the handling yet as they're still in break in phase.  All up they cost me about $440 AUD for the pair including new inner tubes (delivered).  The front required no balancing weights but the rear ended up needing 55gr.

Anyway I'll keep you posted as I wear them in and winter approaches Western Australia.

Pictures below.

Cheers

Dan

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on July 28, 2016, 09:24:13 AM
Anyone tried the Heidenhau Scout? Tempted to try them,or Mitas?

Mark, trust me the E07 is a much better tyre for the rear. I get 12000 miles out of them on my 800 and, as you know, I don't hang around.
Having said that, the size for your steamer is different and might not be the dual compound that my 150/70x17 is.

I use a Mefo Explorer on the front of the 800XC and they're amazingly grippy for what they are. And cheap too at £48 from Zenoverland. In fact the Mefo front and the E07 rear cost about the same as ONE Heidi rear and the pair last twice as long.

threepot

Thanks for the reply Howard(£%&#@+! 2 years later)😂😂
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on May 07, 2018, 07:04:28 PM
Thanks for the reply Howard(£%&#@+! 2 years later)😂😂

Ooooops! Still relevant though.