News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Parts Cross-Reference Guide

Started by Stretch, January 14, 2008, 03:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

It's not cross reference,put i'll put on here,the rubber boots that goes over the rear brake switch has withered and split,when going to my local dealer,he checked on the parts fische and it doesn't exist!!!,when he phone the factory,they said ah yes it does but we don't like customers to fit them  :icon_sad: ,he ordered one came the next day, £1.12p  :icon_wink:

Stretch

955i ALTERNATOR STATOR

Quote from: "plasticrat"have since found out that a g75 will fit at a fraction of the price of a genuine one saved 75% just had to shorten he wires & put genuine plug on

Thanks for the scoop.  :thumbsup

Some details:

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/erol.htm ... oe%3DUTF-8

It appears that 955 Tigers share the same alternator as a Honda VFR-750F, Yamaha JZR600, and Yamaha YX600, (Stator Size 103/42/24mm).

And this...  http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Br ... s_140.html
... stating that a G75 stator also fits a Kawasaki ZX12R

And this...  http://roadstarclinic.com/component/opt ... /id,27179/
...saying that a G175 for a Yamaha Road Star is a direct replacement for a G75.

Before all this came to light, I ordered my spare stator from ElectroSport...  http://www.electrosport.com/street/stators.php

So... if you're out on the road and your 955i alternator shits the bed, you ought to be able to get your hands on a replacement through a dealer for the following bikes:

• Honda VFR750F 1990-98, VFR750FG/FJ/FK, VFR750R-H 1988-93
  • Yamaha JZR600
  • Yamaha YX600
  • 1998+ Kawasaki ZX12R

Also, aftermarket charging system parts (with a one-year replacement warranty) are available from Rick's Motorsport Electrics.  The website doesn't specifically list Triumph applications, but they do stock them.  Give them a call or e-mail...  http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/

darmah

as a yammie dealer I stepped in the parts room and picked out an exact filter, FZ 1000 01' model for my 2000 Tiger, should fit the 885 and 955 motors
dress for the +#@!! fall, not the ride!

Stretch

Sweet.  What's the part number?

darmah

sorry for the delay: yam. pt # 5gh-13440-00
dress for the +#@!! fall, not the ride!

walker

Quote from: "Stretch"Radiator Cap

ArizonaKid discovered that a Stant 10227 radiator cap, a replacement for 80's Toyotas (as well as 1988-91 Honda Civic), is a perfect fit for a Tiger, available at auto parts stores 'round the world.  About $7.

The stant 10227 (replaced by the newer 11227) is only a 13 psi cap. A good replacement might be the 11233 - it's 16 PSI, which is right at the 1.1 BAR that triumph specifies.

Same dimensions, just a different main spring.

Stretch

Good call.  I'll quote you into the Radiator Cap post.

Cos

Quote from: "Chris Canning"It's not cross reference,put i'll put on here,the rubber boots that goes over the rear brake switch has withered and split,when going to my local dealer,he checked on the parts fische and it doesn't exist!!!,when he phone the factory,they said ah yes it does but we don't like customers to fit them :? ,he ordered one came the next day, £1.12p :wink:

Were you able to get a part number for this? Mine's had the same thing happen and we don't have a Triumph dealer in Cyprus.

Why wouldn't they want customers to fit them? What's the risk?  :?:  :?:

simonxrv

does anyone know the standard bearing number for the rear wheel of a 2001 spoked wheel model?

Stretch

REAR WHEEL BEARINGS, 2001-2004 SPOKE WHEELS

Quote from: "simonxrv"does anyone know the standard bearing number for the rear wheel of a 2001 spoked wheel model?

Here ya go...

Quote from: "Mustang"a steamer rear wheel takes a 6204 2RS and a 6304 2RS in the hub and a 6305 LU in the sprocket carrier

bike bandit has the same part numbers for the Steamer and the 2001 Girly so I would assume that spoked Girly wheels take the same bearings as a Steamer .

Mustang

Quote from: "simonxrv"thanks.  I'm very confussed now though.  I was using the bike and there was an awful noise like a bag of bolts coming from the rear wheel so i guessed it was the bearing as last time it was serviced they warned me it was going anyway.  I've never replaced a bearing before.  so i took the wheel off last night but i can't figure out which one is gone.  Anyone help?  Or if its not it what could it have been?

definitely the symptoms and sounds a bad bearing makes .
With the wheel mounted on bike and the ass end lifted so the wheel is off the ground there should also be some play or looseness that is noticeable when you try to twist the wheel side to side .

If only one bearing is bad , you should replace them all anyway and replace the seals also .

The whole package for parts (2 seals and 3 bearings ) from bike bandit or the dealer will cost around 120 dollars for the parts .

the bearings can be had from a bearing supplier for approx. 10-15 dollars each , but you still need to get the seals from a dealer or bike bandit .

flux

Quote from: "Stretch"Coolant Expansion Tube Elbows

Quote from: "swamper650"In conversation with a fellow local Tiger rider, discoverd his elbow failed while on the road in Murphy a year ago. I wanted to affect a permanent solution.  Have found a brass fitting to replace the failure prone 90 degree elbow in the Girly's coolant recovery. I was rooting around at my local Home Depot. In the plumbing section I discovered  a Qestpex 3/8 barbed brass elbow, part # 084169484406, priced at $1.59. Works a treat and will never fail.

I just had this same problem.  My bike started throwing coolant at me.... well... actually it was dripping to the front wheel which sports a TKC80... the knobs were catching coolant and throwing it back up all across my dash, windsreen, and helmet.  Blech!  

Anyway, I went to HD before I saw this post to source a brass one myself.  I found that the 3/8" is not the right size.  The standard piece of shit plastic stocker is 8mm.  

I ended up ordering another stocker from Triumph USA.  It was less than $1.50 but I had to wait a few days to get it.  

But then I went for a ride last night only to find it's still leaking.  I think the coolant reservoir cap that fits to the dash is somehow leaking.  

Anyways, just a heads up that the HD solution is not a 100% correct fit.

Advwannabe

TURN SIGNALS

Three of the four on my 02 Girly were badly perished and cracking at the flexible finned rubber/plastic stalk. Triumph wanted $100 AUS for them and stated that there were no aftermarket alternatives. Yeah right.

The indicators are a bit unusual as they use a small metric screw, offset to the body of the indicator to mount it to the frame.

My local independant shop guy and I trawled through a few catalogs and came up with these:

They are an MCS part listed as front indicators for KLX450R and Gas Gas dirt bikes. The mount is virtually identical to the Triumph and they have the flexible stalk more minor oppsies in the dirt. Part no IK29FL/H for the left front. I've lost the box but assume the right front would be IK29FR/H.

The wiring connection isifferent but I just snipped the fitting off the old Triumph indicators and soldered them on to the new ones.

Being dirt bike indicators they have a drain hole at the bottom of the lens that I managed to install wrong way up....... They will fit front or rear, if you like the look of them.

The best part? $19.95 each.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

DRB Imagery

BRAKE / CLUTCH LEVERS

Today I found that a brake lever from a 2007 Suzuki GS500 is an exact match for the Tiger at less that 1/2 the price, it is in silver but didnt bother me, they are for backups. While digging through my local Honda dealers parts room I also found alot of clutch levers that will fit in a pinch but you will need a few 5/16th washers for spacers.