News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Parts Cross-Reference Guide

Started by Stretch, January 14, 2008, 03:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyM

Quote from: "Stretch"BRAKE ROTORS

EBC brake parts can be ordered from any motorcycle dealer.

PDF download for EBC's motorcycle catalog...
http://www.cyclebrakes.com/EBC-2007usamc.pdf

Cutting to the chase...

Girlies, wire spoke wheels:
Front Left  MD 649 LS
Front Right  MD 649 RS

Just a heads up. I learned the hard way today that MD 649 LS/RS are solid one piece rotors.

The floating rotors are MD 601 LS/RS

I'll be exchanging them tomorrow for the floating rotors.[/b]

JetdocX

Galfer makes a wave rotor that I am currently using and liking a lot:
part number DF005W

Using EBC pads because Galfer doesn't make them for the Steamer:
part number FA215HH

The combination works really well, IMO.  The stock brakes suck.  I guess I can offload the anchor I've been hauling around. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

DECALS

Quote from: "Mustang"new graphics here http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/
Click on the 'Road Bike Logo' decals and then click on the 'Triumph' link

mnormand

OIL SUMP DRAIN PLUG

found on ebay.

This plug fits most Triumph Motorcycles.
This is MP-02T magnetic drain plug, just google as needed
All 790cc, 865cc, 885cc, 955cc,  1050cc engines.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's the important info....

Also Fits:
Honda:
CB750A ( 76- 78 )
CB750C (80- 82)
CB750K (79- 82)
CB750L (79)
CB750SC (82- 83)
CB900C (80- 82)
CB900F (81- 82)
CB1100F (83)
All GL1000 & GL1100

Yamaha:
XS400J/RJ/K/RK/L/RL (82- 84)
FZR600 (All)
XJ650
XS750SE ( 78 )
XS850 G/LG/SG/SH (80- 81)
XS1100 E/F/SF/G/LG/H/LH/SH
XV500 - XV1100
XJ1100 J/K/L (82- 84)
XV1600AN RoadStar
VMX12 V-Max ( 85- 98 )
Virago 250 (95- 99)
YFZ350 Banshee (86- 05)
V-STAR 1100 Silverado
YZF-R1
YZF-R6
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

MikeBenzon

Quote from: "darmah"as a yammie dealer I stepped in the parts room and picked out an exact filter, FZ 1000 01' model for my 2000 Tiger, should fit the 885 and 955 motors

Are we talking Air Filter here?
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

mnormand

Quote from: "MikeBenzon"
Quote from: "darmah"as a yammie dealer I stepped in the parts room and picked out an exact filter, FZ 1000 01' model for my 2000 Tiger, should fit the 885 and 955 motors

Are we talking Air Filter here?

Quick response for ya..

Googling that part number darmah quoted later produces an oil filter reference....
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

atokad

Quote from: "McGuiver"AIR FILTERS

Everyone probably knows this, but the K&N air-filter is cheaper than the Triumph one, and is re-useable for life. Just sayin..........

*Edited to add...

Steamers:  TB-9091

Girlies:  TB-9097

Has anyone found an alternative paper air filter element for an '06?  I am not a fan of K&N on daily drivers. Race vehicles are fine as they are serviced after every race, but I feel the K&N lets too much dirt through if it's not being oiled and serviced frequently. And we all know that is not something we want to do on a Tiger.

Sin_Tiger

My mechanic came up with a cheaper alternative and perhaps more readily available source for the Steamer Speedo Cable. Honda part that is reputedly fitted to the Africa Twins and some other 90's models.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Got these slightly extended arm (both height & width) from Sprint Manufacturing .

They are the same pattern as the originals, so I am told, in the short use I have been able to make of them they have been good. Vibe free at legal speeds and just neatly match the bar ends for width. Note that I have non standard bars fitted.

I opted to fit rubber boots to give a slightly neater look and keep the crap out of the threads but the boots available from Sprint need a small grommet to match the bar diameter.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

After a good deal of help from other forum users, thank you, and a few calls to Powerbronze "you want a screen for a steam motorbike"  :BangHead  the website page does not show any photos of a Steamer for that part, it's a Trophy or a Trident, which is a bit worrying when you are trying to plave an order

I managed to identify this screen as an alternative to the original shorty. Been good so far at legal speeds and keeps a lot more rain and bugs off than the original, noise and buffeting are of course helmet and rider dependant. Perfect fit, no noticable flex or vibration at speed.

Reasonable price considering it appears to be made to order if the part label is to be believed and the edge piping is thrown in. This is the "Light Tint" variation, not sure if all the colour variations are available but might be if they are making to order. Last three digits denote the colour.

Colonel Nikolai

IGNITER (IGNITION MODULE)

The Ignitech SPARKER TCIP4 FULL unit from Ignitech is purportedly a plug and play replacement for the Steamer. Costs about $200 compared to the $740 for the Gill OEM unit retail and is programmable. I have not tried it, but I asked them:

QuoteWill the Ignitech TCIP4 unit work as a replacement for the original
faulty Gill igniter on a 1996 Triumph Tiger?

Thanks,

Nick

Got a response from an Ignitech tech:

QuoteHello

Yes.
Has original ignition connector with 10 pin or 18 pin?
We can offer our ignition TCIP4 full. It is with adapter cable to original
connector (plug and play).
If you send us your address we send you invoice.

Regards

Jan Matous
Ignitech s.r.o.

So I guess you just need to specify whether it's 10 or 18 pin and it'll work. Hope this helps someone other than me!

Apparently my 96 steamer is a 10-pin connector for th Gill ignition module.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Mustang

Renthal Fatbar Handlebars High ATV Bend

these are about the right bend for the tiger and are approx 33 inches wide .
they are 1 1/8 inch bars though so not sure about clamps and controls

but seriously look for at ATV handlebars as they match the stock tiger bend pretty close, usually they are the only ones that even come close .

Pro Taper SE Handlebars (ATV)

these are 7/8ths bars and can be had for under 60 bucks and should be plug and play

macgart

I tried this on my 885i and the shifter would not fit on the shaft.  The curve looked right, but something was not quite right.  I even tried opening the gap on the shifter with a screwdriver.  

Just an FYI for the 99-00 Girly crowd

Quote from: "fano"GEAR SHIFTER

it was a Sunline dirtbike shifter from a yz/wr450. it was the right length and had the right curve profile to work without any modifications. I love it.

Here are the pics;

-------------------------

Edit from Stretch... Here's another option, courtesy of Mittens...  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,6275

99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

Sin_Tiger

Steamer, Rear Shock Drag Link Bearings

Parts required for rebuilding the above. Part numbers and index numbers refer to Triumph parts fiche.

8 ) Bearing, Needle Roller - 3800060 - T0301 = (NTN) HK2020...x 1 off          
9 ) Seal              - 3600040 - T0301 = (springless) 20x26x4.......x 6 off
14) Bearing, Needle Roller - 3800025 - T0301 = (NTN) HK2030..x 4 off  

Sleeves are Genuine Triumph only.

Thanks to Nik Wallis for research and sharing.