News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Parts Cross-Reference Guide

Started by Stretch, January 14, 2008, 03:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

wardy

do you know which clutch levers they were off as i am trying to find a adjustable clutch lever for my 1999 885i

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: wardy on March 12, 2013, 09:35:15 PM
do you know which clutch levers they were off as i am trying to find a adjustable clutch lever for my 1999 885i

Think they are the same for most Triumphs since 2000
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PeteH

Assorted spares to be found on Sprint manufacturing inc this caliper boot http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/5733850/
I picked this up today from my local dealer......
Found this too....http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/brake---caliper-mcyl-piston--seal-kits-468-c.asp
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

HockleyBoy

http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/triumph-brake-caliper-shaft-bolt-rubber-boot-5747-p.asp

Or Honda part No 45132166016 if you need one in a hurry (as I did on Saturday!) and there is a Honda dealer nearby.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

rex007can

Is there an equivalent for a clutch cable on a 2001 tiger with bar risers?  Can't seem to find it here...  :^_^
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

John Stenhouse

Not sure that's been asked before, but it can't be too difficult the ends aren't anything special.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rex007can

Yeah,  didn't seem that specific to me either.  Anyone know the length I need maybe?

John Stenhouse

Measured my spare cable a standard one is 47inches or 120cms long, add a bit for the risers.......

rex007can

Is that the cable itself or the sleeve?

John Stenhouse

All of it, cable end to end including the sleeve which is obviously shorter.

bemusedinsojo

Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit Kawasaki KZ1000 ZL1000 ZR1000 ZX1000 Ninja ZR1100 worked like a charm.

Madruss

Square shaped mirrors from an early 80's Kawasaki four-cylinder 750, look very similar by comparison to the units on my '96 Steamer, if anyone is chasing "look a-like" replacements
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Sin_Tiger

A very close replacement for the originals, a fraction longer arm also used by Honda, is available from Busch & Muller as attached.

Another close one is a "folding stalk" from somewhere just west of Guangzhou, they don't look terribly robust, the stalk is slightly on the short side, the view can get slightly fuzzy at motorway speed but so far have stood up and the view is wide, undistorted and clear. (I'll add a photo later)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint