News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxnsox

Quote from: "kiwijohn"You could look at buying and selling whle over there. Could work out cheaper.
Yeah...Nah
Yes Buying and selling would be cheaper but reality is you're unlikely to sell it on quickly. Although you maybe able to sort out a buy-back deal with a dealer...
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spud

Mrs family are from near Gore so I could leave a bike there for them to sell on for me, it might be an Idea. cheers Spud  :wink:

Spud

Yes I know....

I am just about to put some new boots on for my trip to france I plan on doing about 3000 miles, I usually use Anakees and love them, but has anyone used the roadpilot ?

cheers Spud  :wink:

daveb

nope, the current Anakee 2 on the rear its covered about 5,500 miles so far.

I have used Metzler tourance, another good tyre - but I prefer Anakee 2

so doubt if my reply help

vince

don't know wether this will help
put bridgestone 023's on before my trip in june and did 2600 miles whilst away and i'm no expert but they out performed me gone has the high speeed wobble on long sweeping corners, holds the road well, hardley any chicken strip, grips well in the wet as well, to me they suit the bike fully loaded or not, bike seem's to be more agile and stable, turns in quicker.
thats in my oppinion others might say different, they seem to have worn well am noting the milage it looks like i'll get in excess of 6000 miles out of them don't know wether thats good or bad i'm sure someone might have a comment on that sort of milage
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Spud

Did a web search and found some interesting stuff about dual compound tyres, some of the photo's showing the cupping that can happen was erm interesting.
I think I'll stick to Anakee's

cheers spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Spud"Did a web search and found some interesting stuff about dual compound tyres, some of the photo's showing the cupping that can happen was erm interesting.

I'd be interested to see that,particularly if their not Michelins.

jphish

I believe Anakee2s also a dual compound tire (?) I know the PR3's are. Have run both. The PR's are an excellent, long mileage, (10+K rear) all weather (no snow) road tire. But the Girly sometimes automatically / ocassionally  turns on to dirt roads without my permission - so generally prefer Anakees2s for their moderate DS capabilities. I got almost 8K out of the last rear.

BigDan

Most tyres are dual compound, you'd be unlikely to find single-compound road tyres these days
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Spud

Quote from: "Chris Canning"
Quote from: "Spud"Did a web search and found some interesting stuff about dual compound tyres, some of the photo's showing the cupping that can happen was erm interesting.

I'd be interested to see that,particularly if their not Michelins.

I just did a web search for dual compound tyres and vids came up cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

High mileage dual compound Michs have a habit of doing it because of the steel strip they put in e'm,I had a pair of PR2's do it with heaps of wear left on e'm,but I've never seen that happen with any other tyre,single or dual compound.

JTT

So the Anakees don't cup?  I searched for the vids with no success  unfortunately, but have a few badly cupped fronts in my trash pile.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

metalguru

Had Pilot Road 2 and 3. Can't fault them for anything and the wet grip has more courage than I do.
No cupping yet on any of the PRs.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

vince

Quote from: "JTT"So the Anakees don't cup?

mine cupped quite badly only did 7000 miles before i put the bridgestones 023's on 3,00miles no cupping yet, might be to early to tell
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

deepsouthtiger

I have been running these for over a year. Shinko 705's. Previously ran Michelin and Conti's
Considering a set of Shinkos cost less than 1 rear Anakee, I am SOLD on these.
Truth be told, they do cause a small vibration at parking lot speeds. I attributed that to the "knobbier" pattern than the other tires I had.  Not a real issue, you get used to it.  On the highway, dry or wet, gravel and fire roads they are every bit as good as tires costing waaaay more.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits