News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recroy

I have conti twinduro's on right now. I live on Vancouver Island and there's too many logging roads to explore without some tread under you! The rear is going to need replacing in the next month or so and I've decided on a kenda big block. Any comments would be appreciated. I like the conti's but the kenda is 1/2 the price and I've had good luck with them on my transalp.
'94 steamer  '87 transalp

Sin_Tiger

You might want to check the load rating, the Girly is a bit heavieTransalp.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

I have been looking at tyres recently and being new to the DS riding I was wondering what everyones favorite tyre was?  Best mileage?  Best tubes?  And of course what to stay away from!
TIA!
Cheers,
Mark

HeavyHustler

Forgot to ask if anyone is using Metz Karoo 3 tyres?  They look the business!!!!

Spud

I've just had my bike MOT'd and pick up a nail on the way, the tyre has about 3 mm on it so may repair and am looking for replacement, I've always run Anakee 2's but am seriously looking at the 3's, always liked the 2's though.

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Mustang

Tires area lot like oil.........everybody has a different opinion of what's best

Me , I like round ones with tread still left on them the best  :ImaPoser

Advwannabe

Well said Mustang! Such a subjective topic.

For mainly paved stuff I like the feel of the Tourances.

For my current mix of paved and unpaved stuff I like the K60 Heidis. The mileage is not great but they are a good all round tire. 
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HeavyHustler

Quote from: Advwannabe on July 31, 2013, 02:55:10 AM
For my current mix of paved and unpaved stuff I like the K60 Heidis. The mileage is not great but they are a good all round tire.

Interesting!  What was the mileage on a rear for you?

DavidR8

Quote from: recroy on April 25, 2013, 02:39:01 AM
I have conti twinduro's on right now. I live on Vancouver Island and there's too many logging roads to explore without some tread under you! The rear is going to need replacing in the next month or so and I've decided on a kenda big block. Any comments would be appreciated. I like the conti's but the kenda is 1/2 the price and I've had good luck with them on my transalp.

Recroy, what did you end up buying?

And where are you on the Island? I'm in Victoria.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Advwannabe

Quote from: HeavyHustler on July 31, 2013, 06:35:48 AM
Quote from: Advwannabe on July 31, 2013, 02:55:10 AM

Interesting!  What was the mileage on a rear for you?

About 6-8000ks HH. That seems pretty poor I know but the bike was either heavily laden 120k+ touring, two up or smashing along the rocks on fast unpaved roads for much of that.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Spud

Anakee 3's just fitted to my 955i. Stunning tyre

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

HockleyBoy

Put some Anakee 3s on last Thursday as the shop were out of 2s, done about 400 miles since then and already love them. They really stick well wet or dry on the road, havent tried them off road.

Only thing for me will be how quickly they square off and how long they last overall. Just got 14k miles out of my last anakee 2 rear and 20+k out of the pilot road on the front!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

nickjtc

Just ordered a set of Tourance NEXTs. I was looking for a more road-oriented replacement for the existing older Tourances on Stanley.

I will be attempting the tubed to tubeless conversion procedure when I get them.

17 February: The tyres were nice to work with and the tubeless conversion went very well. Now I have to wait until Spring to try them out.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

...but it is tyre time.  I'm thinking of something 100% road-oriented for the steamer this time, lots of grip.

Any suggestions?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Just put a pair of Tourance NEXTs on Stanley. About as road oriented as you can get for an 'adventure touring' tyre. OEM on BMWs now, which is very telling. And they come in the exact sizes for a Steamer.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"