News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsingraham

Well, got the Pilot Road's mounted up...I must say they are muuuuuch smoother on the road than the Anakees are.  I am sure the cupping that had started on the front  had something to do with that.  

Only put 50 or so miles on them, but so far I really like them.  just need to get out and rub off the chicken strips now!

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

brad1098

looking to replace Tourances in couple months.  Want to go with a 50/50 tire.  Was leaning towards Trailwings, but no reports here on life/performance. Any Scrambler guys out there?

tett where did you get the K60's and how much?  They look good!
02 black-Lorna

JasonS

At exactly 10k miles i swapped out the Trail Attacks for Tourances. .. The Conti Attck series tires are great in all aspects but one... wear rate, or rather life expectancy.

I paid top dollar for the new set of Tourances in Austin TX while in the middle of a road trip.. I rode from Big Bend Tx to Austin, weaving most of the way to stay off the middle of the tire. After several thousand miles of unavoidable slab and straight west texas roads, the rear was badly flat-spotted.

One year and 7k miles later the Rear Tourance is down to canvas in one spot... ( note that there is tread left on the other side of the tire???)

I weigh in at over 240 and the bike was heavily loaded for the first 3500 miles... so I would bet I could get 8-9 k on local riding, which includes very little slab.

The Tourances do everything I need them to and have worn very well.

I ride too much tar to think about any sort of knobby, but I ride enough gravel etc that I have to run a D/S tire.

The Conti Trail is really a 95% street tire. The Tourance is an 70-80% street in comparison....

All this said, so much of what any of us reports has so much to do with our individual riding styles.. how much twist you ride with ... the types of roads we travel ( texas roads EAT tires) and how we maintain the tires...

My biggest need in my next tire is cost Vs life.. $$$ is tight... I know I will get good long life from the Tourance, but I also would like to spend less than the $153US it takes to buy one...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Hokey1050

What would be a good choice of tire for riding dirt and gravel roads on an 06 Tiger? I guess I'm looking for one that's maybe 80% pavement 20 gravel. I was thinking about the Heidi's tett bought or the Mefo's but they seem a little to agressive for the 80% pavement.

tett

Don't shy away from the Heidenaus.  They are amazingly quiet on the road given how knobby they are.  This really surprised me.

tett

Quote from: "Hokey1050"What would be a good choice of tire for riding dirt and gravel roads on an 06 Tiger? I guess I'm looking for one that's maybe 80% pavement 20 gravel. I was thinking about the Heidi's tett bought or the Mefo's but they seem a little to agressive for the 80% pavement.
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

BigMark

I had a blow out in france about 3500miles ago and had no other option but a Tourance Roadtec z6 and in the last 3500 miles of pretty much 2 up slab down to Italy and back it has held out really well with only a very barely noticeable leveling across the middle, not noticeable on the handling, still as smooth as through corners and i can run it right over on the edge confidently too..

JetdocX

Just rode my new Michelin Anakee II's.  Just a quick test ride to make sure I did everything right.  The front wheel wobble is definitely gone now, so that was due to the Trail Attacks i just wore out.  First impression.... :shock: yikes they turn in quickly!!!!!!!  

Long ride this weekend, I'll report back after.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"First impression.... :shock: yikes they turn in quickly!!!!!!!  

Yup, don't they just  :D  and they stay there too, enjoy  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

800 miles in the last five days while at "work". :roll:

I LOVE these tires.  Rode everything from mud puddles to fire roads to superslab.  To me there is no other option to my Anakee II's. :D

The quick turn-in went away once I wore the molding nubs off.  That or I got used to it. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Hutch

I tried Anakees & Tourances but have gone back to Avon's, a Storm 2 on the rear & a Azzaro on the front, loads of grip in the wet even fully loaded I have done the Stranraer - Carlisle road with the rain coming in sideways with a average speed of 85mph.

They're definitely the dog's in the wet, in fact when I've worn the Pirellis out on the S3 I'll put Avon's on that. :)
Hutch
LWB
Live to Ride

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Hutch"I tried Anakees & Tourances but have gone back to Avon's, a Storm 2 on the rear & a Azzaro on the front, loads of grip in the wet even fully loaded I have done the Stranraer - Carlisle road with the rain coming in sideways with a average speed of 85mph.

They're definitely the dog's in the wet, in fact when I've worn the Pirellis out on the S3 I'll put Avon's on that. :)

Hey Hutch !! i might try that comdo next tyre change !! UK bike = UK tyres

:D

but at the mo i have just ordered a bridgestone BW502 to replace my rear worn out one, the front is still ok so it made sense to just get a rear as i`m on a tight budget :-(

7K out of the old BW502 !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Hutch

I got 8.5k out of the rear Storm & 13k out of the Azzaro :D
Due to a unexpected puncture on the Speed Triple I now have BT023s on a lot earlier.  :shock: I'll be able to see which ones wear the best, but I've allready done 3.5k on the Tigger & the tyres still look like they've just been scrubbed in
I can reccommend tyre weld for getting you to a dealer, it says top speed 50mph you can go faster but it feels funny :?
Hutch
LWB
Live to Ride

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Hutch"I can reccommend tyre weld for getting you to a dealer, it says top speed 50mph you can go faster but it feels funny :?

I use this stuff......

http://www.ride-on-uk.com/pdf/Motorcycl ... la%201.pdf

fit new tyre, get it balanced, deflate tyre, put Ride-on in tyre, reflate tyre and ride  :D

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

outrunner

Just fitted a set of Anakee 2's on my 06 yesterday and have only done 170 miles on them but I find no hint of the rapid turn in as reported by others here.  :?  Riding today and yesterday they seem to have the same turning characteristics as the Trail Attacks that came off, am I missing something, or is it because I ride like an old woman?  :oops:  :(

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: outrunneror is it because I ride like an old woman?  :oops:  :(  Andy.[/quote

i think ya hit the nail on the head they`re Andy  :ImaPoser

its probably not worn the coatin off yet, give them a few more DRY miles !!

hope they last longer than the A1`s  :(  it didn`t mater how i rode my Tigger, it still wore out the centre first  :shock:

KK