News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montydog

Seconded.... A great road tyre, tons of grip and great in the wet, all I've used in the last 100,000 miles

Spud

Anakee's 3 a superb tyre

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I love Pirelli scorpion trails but just had a look at the Tourance Next. Given that Metzler and Pirelli are the same, I would recon the Trails and the Nexts are quite similar (although the next is a newer tyre) so my next set will be between those two based on price.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Thank guys, much obliged for the advice. Think tourance nexts are going on.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

I can't fault Tourances,but as Spud say's, the Anakee 3's are supposed to be excellent.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Spud on March 22, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
Anakee's 3 a superb tyre

+1 and they seem to last forever!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

blacktiger

Dunlop Roadsmart 2.
Having got good reviews in the press I decided to try a set of these Dunlops as I wanted to go to a pure road tyre having got an 800XC for dirty stuff.
At first they didn't inspire confidence because I had lost the nice neutral steering that I'd had with every other tyre I'd had on this bike. They were over steering by trying to fall into the corners too much. The cure was to push on the inside bar to get the bike to hold a line. It was only when fully warmed up that they steered anywhere near right.
After a while of putting up with this behaviour I tried putting an extra 2psi into the front (up to 38psi) and it has cured the steering problem. I've now gaining much more confidence in them right from a cold start and they seem to grip very well in all conditions right down to freezing temperatures.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

nickjtc

Have now got over 200km under the Tourance NEXTS so they are well scrubbed in. Only on dry pavement so far, mind you.  My only comment would be to reiterate what Mike Hailwood said when he was asked to comment on the tyres on his Grand Prix winning bikes: "They are black and they are round!"

A totally neutral feel; the bike goes around corners nicely. Probably more a testament to the bike than the tyres??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Spud on March 22, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
Anakee's 3 a superb tyre

+1  :thumbsup I got Anakee 2's on mine & I can't fault them!
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

chairhead

Road based sticky tyre=Conti trail attack, I've found these superb and stick like the proverbial to a blanket, and great mileage too  :nod
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

nickjtc

600km under the NEXTs already. Very nice.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

cjunior955i

Hello,   

Just picked up a 06' that will need some new sneakers soon.  I believe the original tires are on the bike (Michellins I think, as it only has 6000 miles)  Looking for a 90% road, 10% dirt tire.  I was looking at the Pirelli Scorpion Trail - does anyone have these?  Any other recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks! 
2006 Triumph Tiger
(Previous):
2003 Triumph Sprint ST
1986 Suzuki GS 550ES

Mustang

:augie tire threads are a lot like oil threads
some take it personal .................... :bug_eye

everyone has an opinion about whats best  :nod

but look here for starters

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4126.0.html

Bixxer Bob

Fully behind what Mustang said,  but just to add, I've had 2 sets of Scorpion Trails before being forced back onto Tourances because I couldn't get STs last time but have just managed to get a set in time for France.  They are brilliant wet or dry, never so much as a twitch, BUT - they are really sharp-steering and it took me a couple of days to get used to them.  Good luck!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

benebob

My 99 came with Anakee's and I found them to be the worst tire I've ever ridden on.  Rear slipped and slide around on heavy acceleration.  Replaced with Bridgestone Battleaxe and loved them for 2500 miles.  Now on my 06 I'm back to Anakee's and haven't had an issue yet, go figure. 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800