News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide, Part II: 17-inch Roadies

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 06:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

17-inch Front and Rear, for 2007+ Roadies

Here's a size Cross-Reference Guide:

Quote from: "aeronca"found a user friendly cross ref chart on web bike world. http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle- ... e-data.htm

maybe stretch or abruzi could move this to the tire or parts sticky :) .   thanks,    eric

Pirelli MT60

http://www.pirellityre.com/web/catalog/ ... _ONOFF.xml

Stretch

Pirelli Scorpion Sync

http://www.pirellityre.com/web/catalog/ ... NC_HYP.xml

These come stock on the 2007+ Buell Ulysses.

Chris Canning

The M60 and the Corsa are for single cylinder supermoto's you get putting those on a 1050 and go anywhere near tarmac, you'll be going home in a bin liner :cry: the syncs are just road tyres anyway,i did a bit of testing for a manafacture 2 years ago on 17" offroad'ish tyres they dropped the idea,well mothballed it at best.

Stretch

Quote from: "Chris Canning"The M60 and the Corsa are for single cylinder supermoto's you get putting those on a 1050 and go anywhere near tarmac, you'll be going home in a bin liner :cry: the syncs are just road tyres anyway,i did a bit of testing for a manafacture 2 years ago on 17" offroad'ish tyres they dropped the idea,well mothballed it at best.

A couple guys on BadWeB and ADV run MT60's on their Buell Ulysses and like them quite a bit.

aeronca

the mt 60's are wicked pissa,(thats bostonian for a really great tire), but i cant find them to fit my steamer. i  had them on my xt550 and loved them to death. tomorrow im headin down to order a set of michelin anakee's. thanks stretch. what sold me was the link you put up about the gs driver and her experience with them. SOLD. i'll let every one know what i think of them when there on my "little blue devil".     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Chris Canning

Just confirms what i said in a previous posting,not only the tyres ain't big enough,they won't handle the power that a Tiger is going to put through it,but what did make me smile was posting about an Anakee/Tourance tyre hybrid!!!!!

Stretch

I made the post to neither argue nor agree with you, but to merely post a thread about several people's experiences with a few different 17-inch tires.  

With 19 / 17 TKC's on my bike, I don't have a pony in this race.  I'm simply posting information as I find it, so others can make a more informed decision when they go to buy replacement tires..

Stretch

Another article from ADV... Dunlop D616 (originally available only on the Buell Ulysses)...

Interestingly enough, the original poster is our own Kev187, now on a Ulysses after some non-driving punk kid totaled out his Girly.  Drop in and say 'Hello'...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316340

droopydawg

I am leaning towards putting D616 on mine too, in a few thousand more miles.  Read a good article on the Uly in HOT BIKE..yes, HOT BIKE. 8/06 issue. it had pictures of dirty Uly tires.

wasions

I'm waiting for my new Conti Attacks to be put on the rims.  (I shoulda hadda call by now!   :x )

Compared to most on this site, I get extremely good mileage (or maybe I just use 'em up thinner).  Changing the original Anakee front at 26,150 miles, and the second rear at the same.  The rear actually has 13,XXX miles on it and it hasn't hit the wear indicators yet.

I'll post again when I get a feel for how they ride/handle (if I ever get a call from the tire shop!).
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

digitalcaptive

Quote from: "wasions"I'm waiting for my new Conti Attacks to be put on the rims.  (I shoulda hadda call by now!   :x )

Compared to most on this site, I get extremely good mileage (or maybe I just use 'em up thinner).  Changing the original Anakee front at 26,150 miles, and the second rear at the same.  The rear actually has 13,XXX miles on it and it hasn't hit the wear indicators yet.

I'll post again when I get a feel for how they ride/handle (if I ever get a call from the tire shop!).

I've got the conti road attacks on my 03 tiger and have to say that I'm amazed at the road holding (even on our british rain soaked roads), even though I fancy something with a more aggressive tread pattern (purely for the athetics) I think I'd have to go for another set of the contis
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

wasions

I've got about 550 miles on them now.  So far, I'm impressed.  The bike seems to be a little harder to hold in a straight line, as compared to the Anakees, but holds a curve brilliantly.  The bike actually feels more stable when it's heeled over than when cruising straight on.  I'm feeling a little more roughness than I expected, but I'm hoping that a change of sprockets/chain will clean that up.  They're waiting in the box, and I should get them on this week.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

wasions

I have to say, after around 10K on the Road Attacks, I'm a little disappointed.  The handling I mentioned above still holds, except they seem to be getting loose more often at more radical lean angles.  When the road is even slightly dirty, both tires have attempted to upset the ride.  And the darn tires want to find every lone stone.  The only drop since they went on has been at very low speed when the front slipped into dry-looking (but wet) mud.  On that occasion though, I suspect the Anakees would have held better.
I'm considering going back to an Anakee rear, and something like a Karoo on the front.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350