News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

More Tiger Wisdom... What NOT To Do...

Started by Stretch, March 20, 2009, 11:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

When you unbolt the R/R to change it and drop one of the bolts dont assume that it has landed on the floor and you will find it later.I found it when I tried to push the bike out of the garage and it only moved a few inches then stopped.The bolt had landed on top of the chain and was stuck behind the front sprocket cover.

nickjtc

Quote from: trophydave on August 09, 2015, 09:27:44 PM
The bolt had landed on top of the chain and was stuck behind the front sprocket cover.

Funny how bits that fall off seem to migrate to the most unusual nooks and crannies, isn't it?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sasquatch

It is frustrating to have to have 2-3 sets of tools to take off one part.  Triumph loves to use Torx, Allen (Socket Head Cap Screws) and regular hex all over the bike.  For the first few years every time I would have something apart I would go to the local hardware store and replace all the torx fasteners with socket head (allen).  It makes taking the bike apart much less frustrating.
Sasquatch
adventurepowersports.us

nickjtc

Quote from: Sasquatch on November 16, 2015, 07:53:25 PM
.... every time I would have something apart I would go to the local hardware store and replace all the torx fasteners with socket head (allen).  It makes taking the bike apart much less frustrating.

+1. Torx = the spawn of the devil imho.  :icon_lol: Nothing nicer than dealing with a simple hex or allen head  bolt.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

MikeBenzon

Yesterday I was removing the air box and the little wire retainer the holds the connector on the front right side fell downward. I searched for a half hour with no luck. Then I got a flashlight and a magnet and found it under the starter motor.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: MikeBenzon on November 21, 2015, 05:26:39 AM
Yesterday I was removing the air box and the little wire retainer the holds the connector on the front right side fell downward. I searched for a half hour with no luck. Then I got a flashlight and a magnet and found it under the starter motor.

Lucky guy, I never found mine, it's now held in with locking wire..... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...