News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigger Tyre Guide, Part II: 17-inch Roadies

Started by Stretch, February 20, 2008, 06:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty605

Hi I recently fitted conti road attack 2's to my tiger and they seem pretty good I haven't had any moments on them and the tread pattern is pretty funky as is the sidewalk decal. Also the rubber compound is grippy in it's own right as it has a rough finish to it as opposed to smooth. I don't race around like a loon but I don't pootle about either. I have never been off Tarmac with them other than a bit of grass at campsite, but I can't imagine they would be much good off road. Check out continentals website for more info, defo worth considering as a road tyre.

wasions

I've now got about 5K miles on a set of Shinko 705 r's.  Very good tires.  Very cheap prices.  The rear is just starting to develop a flat spot, but still has plenty of good tread.  The tires stick as well in the corners as anything I've had on the bike.  The only problem I have is a terrible head shake when I near 100 mph (which isn't very often).  With nearly 57K miles on the bike, I suspect it may have something to do with the head bearings.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

nickjtc

My 22 cents worth (2 cents + inflation) on this topic. IMHO the Roadie makes NO pretention of being even the slightest bit of an off (paved) road bike. Expensive plastic, small alloy wheels etc etc. The PO always used Michelin Pilot Roads and I got the bike with a fresh rear, and brand new front to put on. They work extremely well for what they are intended to do. I am happy.

If I want to get dirty I use the XR650L.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"