News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Popping on the over-run

Started by Blue Tiger, February 17, 2004, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Tiger

Hi Guys, Just got myself a 2000 885cc EFI Tiger. Man what a blast! Great fun and much more comfortable than my T595. Anyway can anyone tell me what would cause the bike to very occasionally pop through the exhaust usually when changing down the gears at fairly low rpm and blipping the throttle between down shifts. Guessed it might be wrong tune as heat shield shows signs of being removed and found bike had race can tune in it. Got changed for correct tune and is better but this irritating popping still occurs sometimes.

Usually caused by a small leak in one of the joints in the exhaust system. It allows air to be sucked into the pipe on overrun and this allows unburnt fuel to burn (BANG!).

Brock

IRRITATING??? Nah...the old gal's just clearing her throat. Loads of 'em do it...mine does (2001 955i), the bike I test rode a year ago did it, I've followed others that do it. In fact I followed an 1150GS the other day and it sounded like he was shooting at me. I think he'd got a Remus on or something. These bikes are brilliant fun but quiet they aint.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

reyno955

I have the Triumph performance can fitted and mine does it too - I like it, it sounds great.

My old Sprint RS used to do it too - nothing to worry about.

Andrew
Andrew

02 Silver 955i