News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got dirt

Started by DirtBiker, February 28, 2008, 02:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtBiker

just finished with a few projects took the bike out and got her dirty.

fano

wvmike

Very Nice. Have mine set up the same way except I don't have the high fender kit on yet. I have it here,but can't make up my mind if I want it on or not.Kinda like the low fender look. Are we lookin  an 01?
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

DirtBiker

Yeah it's an 01,
What kit did you get?

wvmike

Bought a high fender kit from our very own Stretch.Includes aluminum stabalizer for fender,acorn connections,hoses,etc... to split front brake lines.They're on this forum somewhere. Small hijack,apic of mine.I still need to get the rad covers you have. Looks like you have an aftermarket can,track pipe maybe?

01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S

DirtBiker

You know those rad guards I would not buy again. They are cheap pieces of junk. Not worth the money they are asking for very thin and flimsy.
I would rather build some of my own make them stronger.

Looks like we almost got the same bike execpt for the gas tank. Did you paint it or is it a cover?
Looks like you off road yours a bit have you done anything with your suspension?
I have the triumph off road can.

Don't take wrong I like the other stuff touratech makes but these guards are not worthy of the name "adventure touring".

wvmike

No offense taken,always like honesty.
Nice to know on the rad guards,probably just saved me some coin.I have been thinking along the lines of ss with the round quarter inch size holes.

The tank is covered with a bagster cover with tank bag . haven't done anything with the suspension,just adjust the rear accordingly.As the front goes,just kinda live with it for what I do.

I have the off road can also and remapped,what a differance,and I like the sound
Pic of the tank cover
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S

Kiwi-441

Quote from: "DirtBiker"You know those rad guards I would not buy again. They are cheap pieces of junk. Not worth the money they are asking for very thin and flimsy.
I would rather build some of my own make them stronger.

Same here & too expensive. Made some myself, not the flashist but strong and functional. Only cost $20 to make + time.