News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

White exhaust smoke

Started by Jace, February 21, 2004, 01:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jace

I have a 98 885 that gives off white smoke even after warmed up.  The exhaust looks like when I had a bad head gasket in my auto.  Anyone else had this same trouble?   :?

Chris Canning

Well the good news is all three of my Tigers 2x900i's and a 955,have done that that for some time after they been warmed up.

The bad news my first 900i blew a head gasket within 1800 miles of haveing from new,if i remember it was about 6 weeks old,i sold it back to the shop and bought another new one,a little more complicated than that!!!,but just couldn't be done with the hassle,both with the engine and Triumph.

Chris

Jace

Took the bike in for scheduled maintence this weekend.  Will have it checked over,,,,,don't want to wonder about it.  Will be headed to Prudoe Bay and Inuvik in July.

Later,

Jace

TigerTrax

I'd drain the oil and check for anti freeze or water.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'