News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by Cos, March 03, 2008, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Quote from: "Stretch"I have half of a Lucifer Orange front fender.  

Hey, Bro.  :mrgreen:

:lol:

Hey Stretch. Took a little slip-n-slide on Friday. Ribs go ouch.

Thank doG for TT crash bars.

Stretch

Quote from: "Cos"Hey Stretch.  Took a little slip-n-slide on Friday. Ribs go ouch.

Thank doG for TT crash bars.

Ice?

06tiger

Cos

Quote from: "Stretch"Ice?

Yeeep.

Coming down Mt Rose Higway. Front wheel washed out and next thing i know i hit the road on my left side and start sliding on my ass down the road, Tiger sliding in front of me..ah, good times.

Shockingly, there was absolutely no damage to the bike. None, zero, zip. It slid on the side where the centerstand extension thingy comes out. The combination of that + bars saved the bike. Figured must have slid a good 30 feet at least.

Stretch

Exquisite timing on the centerstand installation.

Glad you're okay.

Cos

Quote from: "Stretch"Exquisite timing on the centerstand installation.

Glad you're okay.

I know, right? It's ground up some, but still works fine. Gotta love sturdy German products.

I'm ticked off about my jacket though. The stitching on the forearm came apart on impact. If it was pure asphalt and not ice i think i'd be in search of some skin now. I took it back to my dealer and told 'em to give the company a little call. As far as i'm concerned, that's unacceptable. We're talking 25 mile an hour fall here. Am i exaggerating?

P.S. If anybody has a winter jacket they might not have used for a long long time, i accept charity.  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

06tiger

I was within 100 yards of the top of North River road on snow and hit a section of ice and less the 1/2 a second I was picking the bike up.

Stretch

How'd you make out?

Cos

Hey Stretch...so as not to hijack Zombie's thread, can you move the crash related stuff to the general forum? "Tigers hate ice" or something like that.

Stretch

zombie

Hey Cos
what you looking for in a jacket as i have a bunch and what size are ya
cheers
and hijack away cos I'm still pissed off about my tiger getting broke , I kicked a stool out of my shop in frustration and slipped again and stood up too quick and smacked my head off my vice and now I've got a huge lump on my noggin, not a happy bunny here at all

06tiger

Cos

Quote from: "zombie"Hey Cos
what you looking for in a jacket as i have a bunch and what size are ya
cheers
and hijack away cos I'm still pissed off about my tiger getting broke , I kicked a stool out of my shop in frustration and slipped again and stood up too quick and smacked my head off my vice and now I've got a huge lump on my noggin, not a happy bunny here at all

That's like insult to injury. Alcohol is your friend in this type of circumstance.

Usually, XL. Basic winter stuff really...bit of waterproofness, some armor, that kinda thing.

This is in case my jacket manufacturer says "screw you". Hopefully, they'll see that the seams are not supposed to come apart on impact. That's my view anyway. Thankfully, i'm ok (mostly) and the bike is fine, so the New Mexico ride for Spring Break is probably still on.

P.S. If your screen is FUBAR too, i have a CB #2 that i don't think i want.

JetdocX

Cos????   :shock: WTF, man?  Glad you're OK.  And glad the centerstand did the trick.  

You wouldn't possibly be bitching about that free jacket you got are ya? :lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"Cos????   :shock: WTF, man?  Glad you're OK.  And glad the centerstand did the trick.  

You wouldn't possibly be bitching about that free jacket you got are ya? :lol:

Yup, took a fall.

And yes, the free jacket came apart at the seams.  :BangHead

In all fairness, the armor did its job, otherwise i'd be an elbow short right now. The forearm stitching...not so great. They're good people though and seem to care about their customers, so i won't rush to judgement yet.

Picked'er up, shifted good, rode down to Freedom Cycle to have her checked out. The guys were exceptional as always. Brad washed the bike and checked it...not a freakin scratch on the actual Tiger. Not one. Oh, and they changed out my scratched barend (previous drop) no charge.

So, wanna go for a ride?  :lol: (ouch ouch)