News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by Cos, March 03, 2008, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Hey, post some pictures of the recently "modified" bike parts!
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"Hey, post some pictures of the recently "modified" bike parts!

Uuuhh...the left crash bar's scratched and part of the centerstand extension foot thingy's been ground up to the point it folded. That's all really. I'll take a couple of pics in the morning, although you'll see it when we do the brakes.

Any ideas on how to re-touch the crash bars without turning the rest of the bike black? :lol:

I still can't believe the bike's in one piece. When i saw it sliding in front of me i thought the entire left side would be a goner.

JetdocX

Touch up is easy.  Just go on down to the local cage parts store and buy some Mexi-chrome.  We'll turn that slide into some bling! :lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Mexi-what???

I think the jacket's plenty bling, don't you?  :lol:

JetdocX

Spay-chrome paint, mang!  It looks like chrome, but costs a fraction.  

How can you not????? :shock:

:lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"Spay-chrome paint, mang!  It looks like chrome, but costs a fraction.  

How can you not????? :shock:

:lol:

You may refer back to my "You're a funny d00d" comments.

Flat black spray can then, huh?

JetdocX

Hey we can spray some gold if you don't like chrome.

Get that bling-bling look at the Walmart price.....think about it..... :lol:
From parts unknown.

fano

QuoteNo biggie, took it to the local seamstress type person. It'll be fixed for a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new jacket. All's well that ends without broken bones.

That is a good idea. I tried to fix my pants with a duct tape but it didn't hold. :roll:

JetdocX

Or leave the scars.  That, IMO gets more cager respect than fixing the scratches.

You will have soccer moms fleeing from the very sight of you.  (Without removing your helmet.) :lol:
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

Ca Stu put some sratches on the right side of mine.  I left them because I like the look and the scratches make the bike look like it's going really fast while on the centerstand.  But I digress.....

The tender and delicate Girly bike scratches should be fixed post-haste.   :roll:

I can't believe you rode it home looking like that.  Sheesh! :lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"Ca Stu put some sratches on the right side of mine.  I left them because I like the look and the scratches make the bike look like it's going really fast while on the centerstand.  But I digress.....

The tender and delicate Girly bike scratches should be fixed post-haste.   :roll:

I can't believe you rode it home looking like that.  Sheesh! :lol:

You should've seen it after it went down. Right side was orange and the left was...kinda crap colored.  :lol:

Bonus...bike got washed when they checked it for damage.

JetdocX

At least nothing and no one was blood colored. :wink:

Cosmetic shit can be fixed.  Sometimes people can't.  Look at me!
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"At least nothing and no one was blood colored. :wink:

Cosmetic shit can be fixed.  Sometimes people can't.  Look at me!

I try to avoid that as much as possible.  :P

katoomon

Quote from: "Cos"Just freakin came undone.

So that's what a black hole looks like; appears to be a job for black duct tape. EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the duct tape solution has already been mentioned.

Shitski man, glad to hear bike and body are up and around.

If you are still looking for a seam repair, the shoe repair place by Trader Joes repairs fabric luggage, they can handle a little cordura.
05 Tiger, 04 KTM 625 SXC, 19 Beta 390

Cos

I got it covered Mike, thanks.

That's what i get for waiting for your ass to call me about that ride.  :D