News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

600 mile service

Started by Briker, February 24, 2004, 04:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briker

What all is done at the 600 mile service? I talked to the dealer today and he said the service was mainly just an oil and filter change . The dealer ia about 100 miles, and if that's all the service is I can do it myself.

Brock

Oil and filter change is about the size of it, and a check-over to make sure nothing's dropped off or come loose. How good the service is, depends very much on how good the dealer is. Oh, and don't forget your warranty may become void if you miss out any services or do them yourself! Common sense really, but it's worth remembering.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

I did my 600 mile oil change myself,the shop was quoteing a two week waiting time,and i wasn't prepared to hang on that long.

Chris

blacktiger

Howdy,

So what  is  done at the 6000 mile service?

I'm at like 5800 at the moment...

Thanks,

BMSBIKE

02 Black
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BykBoy

Quote from: "bmsbike"Howdy,

So what  is  done at the 6000 mile service?

I'm at like 5800 at the moment...

Thanks,

BMSBIKE

02 Black

If I remember correctely, the service schedule detail is listed in the owner's manual. I would post the detail but I won't have access to my manual until the weekend...

As for the 600 mile service, I've been told that it's probably the most important service for the bike. Something about tiny metal shavings floating in the oil. Not to mention the warenty issue...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Chris Canning

The 600 mile service is change the oil,kick the back tyre and wobble the handel bars,the warranty thing never bothere me as the shop gets paid for doing warranty work,so unless you do something really stupid that they can't cover up,it's an old wifes tale.

The 6000 service, i found when i had it done on my 900i i was shocked at the difference it was like another bike,after some pressure they told me that they'd changed the Tune that was the first time i come across it,and it made a real difference,but apart from that and an oil change nothing really.

My 955 at 6000 was very similar not as drastic with the tune,but i've always felt Triumphs are like BM's you need the thick end of 10,000 miles on the motor before they settle down.

Chris

Steps

Don't forget; you're changing from 'regular' oil to synthetic oil... Make sure you drain it WELL!
\'01 Tiger - Black

\'01 Bonneville

\'76 Sportster

\"Life does not stop and start for your convenience, you miserable piece of shit\"