News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has any else hear that the 05 Tiger is out in April 04

Started by Mutley, February 25, 2004, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutley

Hi chaps new to the site,

Has any else hear that the 05 Triumph is out in April 04, its from a very reliable source,

I have been told that the 2005 Tiger has been brought forward, and it will come with cast wheels, new brakes & suspension up rated etc, this was released at a dealer conference in the last couple of weeks, the bike is expected in April. it had a slide show and everything, I hear its nice, plus it has lost its eyebrows on the front faring were the lights are. From what I know the current model is not available from Triumph, well not in Black.

What no you  as I have just ordered one

Mutley

BykBoy

Quote from: "Mutley"Hi chaps new to the site,

Has any else hear that the 05 Triumph is out in April 04, its from a very reliable source,

I have been told that the 2005 Tiger has been brought forward, and it will come with cast wheels, new brakes & suspension up rated etc, this was released at a dealer conference in the last couple of weeks, the bike is expected in April. it had a slide show and everything, I hear its nice, plus it has lost its eyebrows on the front faring were the lights are. From what I know the current model is not available from Triumph, well not in Black.

What no you  as I have just ordered one

Mutley

All this is news to me. Keep us posted if you get any more info.

Welcome to the cage!
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Mutley

Byk its true, I was just about to buy a current 04 thank god for a mate who is very much in the know, April it is then  

Mutley the 1st to have an 05 in 04

BykBoy

Quote from: "Mutley"...Mutley the 1st to have an 05 in 04

Good for you. Can't wait to see the pix...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Chris Canning

There was a picture of a Tiger that appeared in MCN a few months ago,with mag wheels which was supposed to be the new model,then everything went quiet and there was nothing at the NEC,personally i think Triumph haveing been haveing problems in which direction their going,i had a good source recently who supplies Triumph say to me that within 5 years everything that comes out of the factory will have tassles in the end of the handle bars because thats were the money is,but i know they've been hesitateing about the Tiger,lets hope they've changed their mind.

Chris

Deltabox

There is a topic on a german forum.

Just in case your german is a bit rusty:

-Stiffer springs/damping all around

-Altered geometry for optimal compromise between agility and stability (i.e. more agile)

-Foldable shift lever

-Silver grey frame and swing arm

-Swing arm without the excentre

-Cast rims

The general opinion is not too positive and there is some debate about the picture being a manipulated image.
Red T400 (\'94)

Also: FZR 600 (\'91)

Mutley

Delta, thanks for that,  thats what I have been told and now confirmed by a Dealer, I have ordered the bike and it's due some time in April, although it could be earlier, the chap who has seen it in the flesh/pictures said its very nice, the brakes have been designed to look part of the wheel rather than just an ad on, he says it looks the dogs, they have lost some of the graphics, like the eylids, and it comes in Silver (I have ordered Silver) Orange and British Racing Green, i did want a black one but hey I can't argue, The frame is Silver and the suspesion has been uprated to stop the dive people complain about, by the sounds of it it should be good.

Well I have my fingers crossed as i am yet to see an official picture but you never know it could be similar to the Pic on the German site.

I have odered all the extra bits to, top box, Pannier bags, scotoiler & race can, I do hear people recommending a fender extender so i may get one of those to, all i need now is a touring screen.

Mutley 1st to have an 05 in 04

Deltabox

Mutley,

Congratz!  :D  8)

Minor niggle: it's a pity that Triumph have chosen a rigid frame (i.e. one piece). Personally, I'd prefer bolt-on type subframe, steering head and passenger footpegs.

It just seems easier to repair, that's all.

:roll:
Red T400 (\'94)

Also: FZR 600 (\'91)

Pawk

Cosmetically it looks pretty much the same to me...

I like the wheels.

Pawk

Quote from: "Chris Canning"i had a good source recently who supplies Triumph say to me that within 5 years everything that comes out of the factory will have tassles in the end of the handle bars because thats were the money is,

Could you decode that a little....

Mutley

I hope its better looking than that in Silver as for me that bike looks all wrong in orange as I think the 2 colours clash, I have been told that the Pic is pretty much bang on :roll: if I have made a mistake I'll be puking my guts up, I just wish these bloody Companies would be straight with customers selling people the 2004 model and then surprise with have brought forward the 05 model in April :evil:

But Triumph are being even more secretive as they have not officialy released and pics and wont until the bring it out apparently, how shit is that

Mutley hopping he doesn't have to cancel it coz its yuk!

Brinewton

hiya - just browsing through this site as i have also ordered a new Tiger in silver.

I was after a new one a couple of weeks ago and stuck a deposit down on a new silver bike after loving the test ride.

this was a Saturday, however the following monday i got a call from the dealer saying that there were no silver bikes in the system anymore, and they wouldn't be doing anymore of that model. I could have black or red - no thanks....

He said that the new 05 model was out in April and cos i was sooo lucky he has stuck my deposit on the first silver one off the line... :D

I would have been a bit p*ssed off if i had gone ahead and got a new 04 model for March 1st, if 4 weeks later a new 05 model came out!! :x

April better hurry up and get here!!! :roll:

Chris Canning

Pawk

Very simple all Triumph want to build are retros and cruisers because thats were the money is.

The picture posted  is the same as the one in MCN,apart from that bike was green,you can certainley count me out!!! silver frame??? and i don't ever see me going back to a 19" front wheel.

Chris

reyno955

I like the way it looks.

I wonder if those wheels would swap directly over to the current model. I would much rather have tubeless wheels and I never go off road to need spokes. I have already had one spoke break, and they are a pig to clean.

I wonder how much they would cost.
Andrew

02 Silver 955i

Chris Canning

Very simple then,just buy a pair of Dymags they make a set just for the Tiger that fit straight in,or be they Super Moto ones.

Chris

Cost?? about  £1100!!!! but all mag wheels are around that price.