News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has any else hear that the 05 Tiger is out in April 04

Started by Mutley, February 25, 2004, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutley

Brine, sorry mate I think yours is second off the line, mine is being built on a Tuesday yours is being done on a Friday after lunch :twisted:  :lol:

I just hope it looks the dogs as I always wanted a black one but its no longer available :evil: so Silver it is.

I am sure we will love it :lol:  8)

My dealer said it could be earlier than April but just depends, I have ordered all the extras except the big screen, I just want to see how it works before I spend anymore money, I also want tom get an Autocom so I can let the wife nag me even more :o  :lol:

If anyone sees any other pics especialy Silver ones please post them up etc.

Mutley

BykBoy

Quote from: "Chris Canning"silver frame???

Chris

Yah, what he said... That frame is just plain ugly. But this comes from a guy who has a black cat... I also don't like the fact that they removed the rear concentric... I like being able to modify the seat hight. But this comes for a 5'6" guy (with boots and helmet...).

Quote from: "reyno955"...I wonder if those wheels would swap directly over to the current model. I would much rather have tubeless wheels...

Yah, what he said... I'm sure these wheels will swap but they will be expensive. And if you order them now, you may get them by October... May be worth it though.

And how about Mutley and Brinewton putting down a deposit without even seeing a picture of the new cat?!?!? You have your choice of one of the following titles:

BBC (Biggest Balls in the Cage)

MLTR (Most Loyal Tiger Rider)

MIS (Most Implosive Shopper)
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Mutley

QuoteAnd how about Mutley and Brinewton putting down a deposit without even seeing a picture of the new cat?!?!? You have your choice of one of the following titles:

BBC (Biggest Balls in the Cage)

MLTR (Most Loyal Tiger Rider)

MIS (Most Implosive Shopper)

PMSL with that one mate, Most Impolsive Shopper probably :lol:

Just dont want to buy the current bike and lose a mint in depriciation :?  been there done that way to many times :roll:

Mutley fingers tightly crossed

Pawk

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Pawk

Very simple all Triumph want to build are retros and cruisers because thats were the money is.

The picture posted  is the same as the one in MCN,apart from that bike was green,you can certainley count me out!!! silver frame??? and i don't ever see me going back to a 19" front wheel.

Chris

So, they aren't making money on the daytona, speed triple, speed 4, sprint, Tiger....etc

:?:  :?:  :?:

Brock

For what it's worth I don't like it, and you can't make me buy one. Maybe it'll look better in the flesh but the pic posted makes it look like a long-legged Bandit 12.

I reckon Chris C's right...Triumph will be throwing all their "development" money at retros and chrome things from now on. In my opinion they've missed a golden opportunity to turn an already superb bike into a superb bike that LOOKS superb too (if that makes sense...).

And who wants a one in "British Racing Green"???

Who does their market research...some old geezer in a duffel coat and flat cap? Now I'm angry.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

Pawk

Absolutlely spot,not only there isn't any money in them because they have to price them to compete with the Japs,there not big sellers,and that why they scrapped their 1300 superbike,Triumphs biggest seller??? the retro Boni outsells everthing else.

Brock(Chris)

Your right they've dropped an almighty bollock,just as BM have gone with the off road stuff Triumph should have gone the SuperMoto route,it's on a crest of a wave at the moment(SM) and a lot more relevent to how most people use e'm on the road.

Chris

skoron

Agree that one of the big misses is the silver frame.  But, it's nice to see cast wheels for those not offroading and looking for better tire sealing from a tubeless tire.  Too bad they didn't go the R1200GS route and offer two paths, one street like the new tiger and one dirty with spokes.  And still no ABS option?

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

BigDave

Other than the springs possibly getting sorted out, there is not enough change in '05 to get me get me back on a Tiger.  

I too wish they'd make an "Adventure" version with armour, taller springs and knobbies.