News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride to Blackwater Falls,Seneca Rocks WV

Started by wvmike, April 09, 2008, 03:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmike

Two nice days in a row.Saw'em comin. Loaded up the Tiger and headed to the mountains.Needed a break as I have installed a new kitchen for the bose,complete with new subfloor,hardwood floor,appliances,etc... I needed a ride,an overnighter.Had a meeting @ 1. As soon as that was over,I was on the road.First fuel stop was an hour and a half down the road at an old park that is in the process of being restored back to it's luster.Bikes everywhere,70 and sunny

I took the long route thru the mountains on old us 50 thru WV into MD.Ended up at a primitive camping location with about 1/2 hour of daylight left.

So hastely set up camp and settled into the evening.

No artificial light,the stars where magnificent.Didn't take long to fall asleep listening to the stream gurgle and the wind blow thru the pines
Up early the next morning and java is on order

I was close to Spruce knob,the highest point in WV.So the course was set

Up thru the clouds we go

Arriving at the top early in the morning was,how do we say,absolutly stunning

You can look down and see where the road comes up around the mountain

More in a little bit :)
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

wvmike

Next destination,Seneca Rocks.It was on the other side of the mountains you could see the top of,but not more than 30 miles.So kicked her in gear and headed thru the backroads

pulled up in the parking lot and took a shot.Lotta cool scenery in this neck o' woods :lol:

Dolly Sods happens to be down the road and on top of the next mountain.
So why not

It's my second day out,so I start to head to home.I know of a road that cuts major time off by going across one of the canyon rims.Told the boss I would'nt ride it alone :oops: ,but hey,it was a nice day :twisted:

After that a nice drink was in order,so it must be my age,'cause this is what (spring break)means to me

After that i beat feet home via some side roads
Notice whats hiding in the trees ? :shock:

There's a whole ridge of those things in a couple places.Very clean.Kinda of an eyesore,but the tradeoff is worth it imho.
Made it home safe and sound,a little over 400 miles.It was gooood
Hope ya enjoy the trip,I did

WVmike
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

JetdocX

Nice!  Welcome to adventure season! :lol:

More pics of the windfarm?  I don't know why they don't do that here.  Wind is definitely more plentiful than sunshine. :roll:
From parts unknown.

HappyMan

That was beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.  I can't tell you how much my heart ached looking at those photos wishing I could ride those same roads right now!!!  I wish we had roads like that here.  Nice "Spring break" joke by the way.  :thumbsup
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

fano

HockleyBoy

Nice report and great pics :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

sanjoh

Great report, thanks for posting.

Looks like spring is right around the corner.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

paulie

nice work, thanks for sharing!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

John Stenhouse

Fabulous photos thanks for the report. Whets my appetite to get out there
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Yukon

Absolutely wonderful pics.  It is a perfect advertisement for the East Coast Tiger Ride-In