News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BIKE Sports Tourer test includes Tiger

Started by Brock, March 09, 2004, 08:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Blimey...the new BIKE magazine has a Sports Tourer test which pits the Tiger up against the Fazer thou', the ST3 and the VFR. Although it ties with the Fazer for top spot they give it to the Fazer because "it's so ugly you can almost smell it" (the Tiger, that is...) Well, if they'd tested a black one instead of the Lucifer Orange one then things may have been different.

What a stonking photo, though, on page 111. I wonder...could I change the colour in Photoshop? Nothing personal to owners of Orange ones of course, but it does look sooooo mean an' moody in black.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

Actually there's another article in the mag saying the biggest selling trailie in the UK at the moment is the Tiger!!!.

Chris

Brock

Makes it even more ridiculous that they haven't done a proper upgrade on the new one eh? Never mind...mag wheels or spokes it's still a brilliant bike. In black of course!
Chris

TbA

I ride a black tiger and black is always right/goodlooking at bikes.

...but, the lucifer red/orange is more ...hmm should I say tigerlikely.

If I ever need a new painting I sure will paint it orange with white and black stripes, like a real tiger.  :P

MCK Wheelers

Falun

Sweden

Robbie

There are SILVER TIGERS too!

and they are more dangerous. Just ask any magician
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

BykBoy

Here is the color I want:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Brock

Very nice...I suppose the net attached to the tank comes in handy for catching butterflies...
Chris

BykBoy

Quote from: "Brock"...I suppose the net attached to the tank comes in handy for catching butterflies...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Robbie

That is not a tiger that is a Bumble Bee :lol:  :lol:
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

zombie

what ya all need is this real world tiger right here

Brock

...blaaaaaaack...BLAAAAAACK...the ravens are pecking at my eyes mother....Ahem. Sorry. It won't happen again.
Chris

BykBoy

Quote from: "zombie"what ya all need is this real world tiger right here

I LIKE IT! I wonder how it would look in mat black (you know: non gloss... no shine... NY messanger bike collor...).
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Brock

You have got to be mad...matt black bikes disappear in the dark.
Chris

Quote from: "Brock"Blimey...the new BIKE magazine has a Sports Tourer test which pits the Tiger up against .........

Can you believe the power figure? 81bhp?? Shhhurrly shome mishtake!

Anyone on this site had theirs dynoed??

trotts

:o   The bhp and the torque figures they quoted are WAY down on what Triumph claim.  I have raised this else where, but any clues as to how the power figure is a fith down on triumph claimed output, and Torque about the same !!
Dave T