News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW GS - NEW TIGER

Started by shags, March 15, 2004, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shags

I have just checked out the new 1200GS - it is pretty impressive and BM seemed to have spared no expense in offering a totally new bike full of technology, not to mention the 30kg weight saving.  They have obviously gotten pretty serious in remaining in this market and the new model should easily last them beyond 2010.

Triumph - what are you doing?   The new 2004 Tiger must  have more than different rims to offer? Not very confidence inspiring - how about some changes based on feedback from loyal owners??

Brock

Shags (love the name) you are so right. But let's face it...at less than seven grand the Tiger is much better value. Yes, that's two and a half grand less than the new GS. That kind of money can buy you Ohlins suspension and trick wheels (if you so desire) and the GS still looks like it fell out of the ugly tree. And landed on its face. Twice.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

shags

Yeah I know Tigers are cheaper - so they should be if Triumph are not investing in expensive new innovations.  BM are gambling buyers will pay extra for what they are marketing as a top quality product.  Time will tell of course - it will either fall flat on it's face or they will sell thousands!