News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

license plate

Started by Briker, March 25, 2004, 03:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briker

Is there supposed to be a license plate bracket for the Tiger? I just got the plate for my new Tiger and there is no mounting bracket on the rear fender. I thought I would ask before I drill any holes.

BykBoy

I don't have a bracket on my fender.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Briker

So, what did you do, drill holes in the flat part of the rear fender to mount the plate? I guess that's what I'll do, just seems strange that there is no bracket to mount the plate on.

orangetigger

my rear fender extension-the black part- came with holes drilled in it for the license plate :o
2003 955i lucifer orange

cee baileys windscreen

triumph centerstand

BykBoy

Quote from: "Briker"So, what did you do, drill holes in the flat part of the rear fender to mount the plate?

Well, I got my bike used so it already had the holes drilled. I guess they do this at the dealer when you get it new.

Quote from: "Briker"... just seems strange that there is no bracket to mount the plate on.

Well, differnt countries probably have different size plates. Triumph probably just wanted to make thier lives easy...

Just drill the holes. It's not the last time you will mutilate the cat...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE