News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Next Week's MCN...

Started by Brock, March 31, 2004, 10:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Nice one Dave!!!,the reason why the telever doesn't interefer with you feeling of the road thats because there isn't any at all!!!! BM's are all the same,i'm into my fifth year of ownership of my 1100s,the rest of the folks on the board might not know any different but i dam well do,if  you ride a BM you have to learn to feel the road through the Tyre,cuz theres zero feed back from a telelever.

I've got one of each and can make a good case for both,but trying to convince people that one's better than the other!!! your just kidding yourself.

GS??? Wonderfully efficent,easy to clean,no chain drive,but unless your rideing the wheels of e'm about as exciteing as watching paint dry.

Tiger,a shit to clean,poor quality bits,chain drive,but jesus it great to rev it up in the garage as well as rideing it,it massages your sense's and not just your hands and feet like the BM well not untill you've got 20,000 miles on one!!!!

Chris

Brock

I think we've all exhausted ourselves on this one. Everyone has some good points and clearly lots of experience both ways. Well said everyone. I feel a group hug brewing (then again, it could be trapped wind...)
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

madmax

8) big dave.

its a pity you dont live in in england. i would love to pay for you to do a track day.on your german ss b.m.w.  my blade  zxr900 r1 struggle to keep up with on the twistees. but im a bit nuts on a bike ??? gs ill eat em.

trotts

:lol:  Well done everyone !!  We all have our thoughts and as Chris said, those of us who have owned both are in the 'know' !!  

They are both fine bikes, and as Dave says, simply ride and enjoy !! :?

I am interested in why you say the Tiger is harder to clean than the GS ??

Yes, has a bit of crap from a drive chain, but the GS and Tiger has fiddly Spokes ( Aaarrggghhhh) and both have awkward bits to get at ?  is it just the drive chain bit ? :?:
Dave T

Brock

Having spent the last 3 hours cleaning the results of a winters riding off mine, I can confirm that the Tiger is a bitch to clean. I don't need to clean a beemer to know it's easier...anything would be. The wheels will skin your knuckles...no question. There are also loads of sneaky little corners that the crusty stuff collects in. And the engine cases???anyone got any tips on how to keep them black and shiny? However hard I try I get water marks on 'em. She does look so nice now though. Bless.

Hey...hope I haven't offended anyone with my previous comments...
Chris

Chris Canning

Well i guess Brock has just about covered all the nooks and crannies,my BM which i used to go to Le-mans on,jesus you could have grown spuds on it,and while i'm a believer in the only way to really clean a bike is to strip it,it looked good with just a bucket of water over it.

The Tiger i've found to be one of lifes true horrors when it comes to cleaning,i think it was Black Tiger who once said he was fussy,so i guess that has me one step away from a straight jacket!!! Brocks seen what mines like,there is a way of cheating when it comes to the engine cases??? spray e'm with silicon,never fails!!! if you want some Brock you know were i live,it comes from work as a freebie!!!.

Chris

PS

Spent today rideing up to Matlock,mainly because the roads up there are ideal for setting up suspension,my Ohlin was takeing a little sorting out!!! interesting as we hadn't been there for 4 years even though were only an hour away,never new there was so many sunday morning warriors!!!,i see there's a very worrying fad at the moment of people haveing to have their crash helmets the same colour as their bike!!!!!

trotts

:shock:   Now I have a 'Tango' with a smashing 'Blue' jacket, and a Silver/Grey Lid.  I was all colour matched when I had the ST ( Silver)

Now where can I get a Tango coloured jacket ? :lol:  I did think of the RNLI before anyone else says that in the UK !!

Whose fashion conscious then !!
Dave T

Brock

Far worse than having matching kit is the hideous, heinous crime of wearing fluffy ears on your helmet. Now, I've got enough fluff growing out of my ears already without adding to the problem but STICK-ON EARS? Let's have some guesses at what will be next...
Chris

Chris Canning

Matching kit!!!same as haveing Darren+Sharron on the windscreen with furry dice and nodding dog in the back,but of cause if they'd been in bikeing long enough they'd know that.

Chris

My Tiger is pretty clean after 21000 miles of all sorts of crap weather.

Before I describe how I clean mine I'll just say that ALL bike are bastards to clean. They all have nooks and those cranny things. I have a BMW R100GS and it's just as knuckle skinning.

1/ Hose off loose crap with jet wash and cold water.

2/ Spray with Autoglym Motorcycle cleaner.

3/ Leave for 10 minutes.

4/ Wash bike with Bucket of car wash type stuff, warm water.

5/ Hose off thoroughly.

6/ Dry it or wait for it to dry.

7/ Apply Motorex 645 Protect & Shine.

The Motorex bit puts a shiney protective film on the bike.

That's a whole afternoon gone.