News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wheels Through Time

Started by Stretch, May 20, 2008, 04:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

For those of us in the southeastern U.S., you owe it to yourself to take a short trip to Waynesville, North Carolina, near Maggie Valley, and czech out all the vintage and antique bikes there.  

Many are pre-WWI, either original or perfectly restored and all are in working order.

The last time I was there, I helped the caretaker change a couple light bulbs above the museum floor (he was too short to reach, even standing on the top rung of his step ladder), so the founder and curator, Dale Walksler, hooked us up by personally giving us a guided tour, showing us his workshop, and even starting and riding a couple 80+ year-old bikes around the museum, so we could see and hear them run.

The museum will be closing in August and moving to California, so get it while the gettin's good.

http://wheelsthroughtime.com/