News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP NEEDED

Started by triumphboy22, April 09, 2004, 01:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphboy22

Hi all,

I currently own a 955i Daytona having bought it new in 2000. Its time for a change and I fancied something different. i've contempled a 1200 GS or an 1150 GSA. The price is prohibitive though. I thought of a Capanord having sat on one at the NEC show and found it comfy (I'm 6'4) but the service costs and delayed parts put me off.

So I find myself considering the Tiger. At £7k its reasonably priced especially with the extras. The engine will be a peach and more than I need. Problem is though there's talk of a new model this year. Whats that all about??

Can any of you experts enlighten me what's changing and when its available in the UK? Better still anyone got any pics?

My one hope would have to be thyat the graphics on the tank go but that's just personal taste...........

I sure by now you've read various mags about it but roughly ;

The new Tiger has cast wheels, lowered susension, stiffer forks and a different swing arm.

Apart from that it's the same fun.

triumphboy22

The other main queries I have are over the pircing in the UK at the mo. Triumph say the £7k price tag (with panniers, h/grips and c/stand) is only valid on 04 models. When does the 04 model arrive here in the UK then.

How much lower is the new model going to be? I'm actually after something that's tall and forgiving!!

Drofsereb

I've ordered a new model Tiger.  It comes with the same extras as the 04 bike, at exactly the same price.  This is the guidance from Triumph themselves to dealers. It may be that your dealer is being a little 'economical with the truth' in order to shift stock of the current bike.  I had similar subtle pressure, till I made it clear that I didn't see the point of buying a soon to be replaced bike and the deals opened up.  The changes are as described above, with the main cosmetic changes being British Racing Green,  silver and orange paint  schemes(deleting black and lumimous green) and a silver frame.  I think it's fair to say Triumph are trying to make this a more street orientated bike.  I phoned the factory last week and they told me deliveries would start this week or next.  Having said that I was offered a current bike at £500 off list as an opening offer from the dealer, before we even got down to bargaining.  I suppose that might reflect in the resale though.  There are deals to be had on either current or new if you play it correctly.

Bottom line - you could have a new one in two weeks for the same money with the same extras.  It appears on the Triumph Germany website as a pop up when you hit the main page.  Try this link  

http://www.triumph.co.uk/site/regional/ ... egionID=13

or go to Triumph UK and choose the German site from the list down the side.

Hope thgis helps!!

drofsereb