News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First Viewing

Started by Chris Canning, April 09, 2004, 08:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Hi Gents

Well saw my first new Tiger today,well 4 or 5 actually in both Orange and Silver,well i'll be the first to admit that Triumph have made more of an effort than what i thought,when you get close up to it,there are umteen changes,rangeing from the seat height is lower,different rear brake,and pedal,spring gear lever,the list is a long one.

Now the bad news,the swing looks nice the ajusters for the rear wheel,well their just rubbish with a capital 'R',the heated grips jesus you'll need hands like a gorrilla to hold e'm,like i said made more of an effort than i thought but doesn't suit me,if i buy a new one it'll be the old version,alternatively when this ones worn out then i'm outa here!!!,hopefully the'll be something else,a Japanese Multistrada???

Chris

Drofsereb

Chris,

Noted your comments - where did you see them?  I've ordered a silver one. Does it look better, worse or much the same as the present bike? The grip thing isn't a problem as I do indeed have gorilla hand characteristics ( about 11 inches from tip of little finger to tip of thumb when spread out....)  You know what they say about men with big hands though..............

BIG GLOVES

Drofsereb

Chris Canning

I saw them a Windy Corner,which is a mile or so from the factory,if you've got big hands then you'll love it with the grips.

Colour??? well thats a personal thing really,of all the Tigers i prefer the Silver one with the black frame,i created a right stink when i bought mine because i said i wanted a silver one they it's Black or Green tuff!!!! i had a blacku'n!!!,the Orange with the grey frame or is it silver is a better contrast,the silver and gray(silver) looks a little aneimic,but of the two i'd probabaly go for that one,opologies if i sound a little negative,it's just while they have made more of an effort than i thought,just think the it's gone in the wrong direction,even to fact that it wouldn't even be possible to Supermoto it as they steepend the head angle so it would unrideable,but there you go!!!!,if it's your first one it'll certainley be quicker steering than any of the other Tigers

Chris

Drofsereb

Noted Chris. This seems to square with what I was told by the factory, that they would start sending them out this week.  My own preference would probably be black, but as you know that's gone, soooo...... silver it is for the moment.  My dealer will let me change at the last moment though when we get to see them in the flesh so to speak.

Drofsereb.

triumphboy22

Who will be the first to post a pic of the new model then?

And will they be a lucky owner or (like me) someone wanting, waiting and hoping SWMBO allows the expenditure!!