News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I WAS THERE

Started by Brock, April 23, 2004, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Yep...I was there today (quite by coincidence) to see the first "new" Tiger delivered to Wylie and Holland in Wellington, Telford. A bit embarrassing really, 'cos the mechanic helping to unload the lorry didn't even realise there was a new version due! Well, she looks better in the flesh I have to admit. And I love the new material they're using on the seats. The wheels? well...they're OK. Seem well finished but I still prefer the spokes. Still don't like the silver frame and bars, but one thing I will say is the build quality was incredible. By far the best finished Triumph of any model that I've ever seen. Anyone whose got one (or has one on order) if it's built like this one, then you should be very happy.

But am I going to trade in the old gal?

Nope...

By the way...this one had Anakees fitted...Is this the standard tyre they're fitting now? if so they ain't going to last like the Tourances but they stick like shite to a blanket.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Well I've riden one. So there! 8)

A friend of mine took delivery on Monday and, whilst he was up a ladder fixing his soffits, I nicked the keys for 15 minutes.

Results :-

1/ Fitted with Michelin Anakees it steers a bit quicker. He thinks they've steepened the head angle slightly. Could be just the different tyres.

2/ Forks are stiffer under braking but don't feel different when riding??

3/ Whole bike sits A LITTLE lower. Difficult to tell how much but not a lot.

4/ Cast wheels look like they might slot staight in to the old models.

5/ Gear lever has a MX style hinged tip. Also looks like it will snap off before the gear shaft bends when you drop it.

6/ Different foot brake lever. Still need to twist your foot inward to reach it.

7/ Seat feels like it might be a "gel" type. Definitely more comfortable than the old original.

Overall, they seem to have addressed MOST of the bugs of the original models.

Good effort I reckon. Just needs the Sprint ST or Daytona engine in it and loose 15~20kgs.

Of course, the best thing is ; they've done all this AND reduced the price.

Chris Canning

They have altered the steering head angle,the nuts and bolts are way better than the earlier version(but then could hardly be any worse!!),the shape of the swing arm is nice but the ajusters are laughable.

Funnily enough while i liked the sprung loaded gear lever,noticed as it's cast,the slightest tip over and it'll be in more than one piece.

In comparison with what could have been done and BM's effort with the new GS,regardless of how good it is,i'm talking effort here,i'd class the Triumphs effort as marginally better than poor,certainley no banana!!!!.

Chris