News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

can i make from new tiger dual bike?

Started by airwolf732000, September 30, 2008, 03:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airwolf732000

Hallo everybody,
I would like to ask if I can make from new 09 Tiger dual bike (like tigers from 1999 - 2006)
If yes, what I need to change on the bike,
thanks for ideas.

Stretch

Dual-sporting is more centered on the capabilities of the rider than the machine.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29723

But having a machine set up for that kind of riding makes the trip easier and more enjoyable.

You could get by just fine with a skidplate (to protect the exhaust pipes and sump from stones thrown up by the front wheel), and crash bars (to protect the engine cases and fuel tank in the event of a fall.  And you will fall while dual-sporting).

An aggressive tread pattern on the tires helps, but since the tire companies have yet to get off their collective asses and produce a front knobby tire in 17-inch sizes, your choices are a bit limited...  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4129

Other bits are becoming available as the aftermarket catches up with the new design.

The amount of farkling you do to your bike to turn it into a trail-worthy ride is limited only by your imagination and budget.

droopydawg

Get rid of the cast 17inch rims too.  DSing the tiger will surely mess those up.

Jamming

What do you mean make a dual sport????  :lol:

I'm an idiot, I've taken my 1050 Tiger places I had absolutely NO business being in on street tires. Managed not to kill myself or hurt the bike.  :oops: Learned my lesson.

Look for a used pre-07 Tiger if you want a Dual sport. Or, buy a 1050 Tiger AND a pre-07 KLR650 used.

DragonNester

Don't try it!!  It will come back to bite you hard, I'm afraid.

Get a second bike to feed that fire.

My two cents.
Life is just a tire swing
blackberry pickn\'
eatn\' fried chickn\'

kingdomstyle

you cant take the old tiger to many tough places.it is really made to soak up bumps on rough roads,not difficult terrain bike!so if your wanting to get to difficult places tigers any of them are not the bike!maybe xr650l in your future. :D
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

ramseybella

Quote from: "kingdomstyle"you cant take the old tiger to many tough places.it is really made to soak up bumps on rough roads,not difficult terrain bike!so if your wanting to get to difficult places tigers any of them are not the bike!maybe xr650l in your future. :D

This is true!

But the 1050 taken easy can do some amazing maneuvering on dry hard dirt was amazed how it almost felt like a big trials bike in Moab, no thick sand or heavy mud.

But Yes I am scouting for a 650.

haggis

I wouldn't bother but you can still use off road you you are careful enough.

I didn't have bash plate so exhaust is a new flattened shape, doesn't affect bike at all.
Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres for gravel etc, still road biased tyre but seem to stand up to abuse.
Engine protection bars for when you fall on your arse.
Bark busters or similar to protect levers and you, I carried spare set, probably cheaper too.
soften suspension to lowest setting

lean bars forward, stand up and look out for pot holes
voila! off road Tigger