News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

05 tiger suspension

Started by sweetpete, May 10, 2004, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetpete

just took delivery of my 05 tiger, does anyone know if the ride height is adjustable as i can only just touch the floor. I have the seat on the lowest setting but not enough. please help.
Theres only one way of life.... and thats your own...

Chris Canning

I'll be honest and say i'm not sure,but apart from setting the shock on it's softest setting and the same with the seat thats it,with the earlier one's you could turn the eccentric ajusters over at the back and drop the forks through,but as Triumph have really excelled e'm selves and gone back twenty years with threaded ajusters!!! you can't do it.

Chris

Drofsereb

Silly question, but didn't you try it before parting with the cash?

PaulBerg

How tall are you ?

Paul

sweetpete

yes it would have been sensible to try it first but as i couldnt find a triumph dealer who actually had a tiger in stock for me to try i took a chance, but have sorted it now, i have set the rear shock to its softest setting and it is bang on. I traded in a TL1000R for my tiger and i reckon the tiger handles twice as good as the TL, Im scraping the pegs already... yipee......................... :lol:
Theres only one way of life.... and thats your own...

tigerjohn

Get yourself a pair of bike boots with a decent heel and sole thickness - you will gain a bit of extra height! Failing that, try strapping a length of '2x1' to each foot......

PaulBerg

Pete,

Good Lad !

If you waver again, consider the the following post I saw on TriumphRat.net:

"I'm 5'8".......... I have a 00 and while it's toes only on the ground with both feet I don't feel uneasy about it.

Need a firm footing - a little slide to the left or right puts one foot flat. It took some getting use to but so far so good."

Paul