News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Work Sucks. I'm Going Ridin'

Started by JetdocX, November 14, 2008, 02:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Tired of twidling my thumbs for most of this week.  The weather is warm and the Steamer is emitting a siren song capable of penetrating my tinfoil hat AND thick skull! :lol:

I think I'll ride out to Bruno's Country Club (Gerlach, NV) for lunch.

Beautiful isolation:

Snoop Dogg in the desert:

Ran into this dude at lunch.  He's riding the long way to San Diego on my future bike:

After lunch a dessert of 90 miles of dirt:

Epic fail! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Stopped when I saw this caged off area up the hill.

Looks like this whole area has been underwater in the past.  This rock looks a lot like coral:

At the top of the hill.  I thought it might have been a mine entrance, but the openning seems too small:

Who knows?

That's the Steamer way down at the bottom of the hill:

Pyramid Lake:

More weird coral rock:

And that's where the camera battery went to sleep.  Thanks for coming along! :D
From parts unknown.

Stretch

<<<<<<  Jealous of your riding area.

fano

Hm........ Nice hill. Maybe a hill climb? :icon_scratch

JetdocX

Quote from: "fano"

Hm........ Nice hill. Maybe a hill climb? :icon_scratch

I would maybe try it on a 125.  No friggen way the Tiger is going up there. :lol:

Edit:  It's a hell of a lot steeper than it looks.
From parts unknown.

Stretch

The gate may be the entrance to a cave system, and The Gum'mint locked it up in the interest of public safety (kids going in, getting lost, damaging themselves, etc.)

JetdocX

There are a lot of mines around here scattered about the countryside, I thought that it was one of those that the BLM had caged to keep people out of danger like you said.  But they left that 2 feet at the bottom of the door for what purpose?  Wildlife entrance/ exit? :?
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

Brilliant! :lol:

I have lots of land to ride in and have only scratched the surface, Stretch, but you have trees. :D All my trees are in the snow zone now. :cry:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

We gots lot-o-trees.  And we also gots lots-o-deer.  Small ones, though.  The closest Forest Service riding area to my place is closed during gun deer hunting season, which runs from mid-October to New Years'.

Forests are great for riding, but I also love deserts and high plains.  A change of scenery is good.

JetdocX

Well this is literally the tail end of the season, probably my last day out for a while.  20 degrees warmer than average today.

So if you're coming out, plan late spring to summer to fall.  But do it soon before the greenies close all of the BLM land.  It will probably happen in the next ten years or so, IMO.
From parts unknown.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

More like the Retarded JetdocX. :lol:

I take pichers good! :(
From parts unknown.