News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Take one Tiger and just add imagination....

Started by ChrisN, May 14, 2004, 04:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

Chris

Frank.B

Jeez!

That,s the sort of styling imagination the guys at Hinckley need!

If that Tiger was in the shops today, I,d have another one!........

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

BP_LONDON

Very impressive machine. Bet you they would sell in droves....

NortonCharlie

Yea, it is pretty cool, but I'd rather have a stock 05 model for everyday.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Brock

Blimey...someone left a Sprint ST and a Tigger in a dark room together. And painted the love-child orange.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

madmax

not for me thanks.spoke front cast rear looks shit.i got my tiger because i liked the bike the way it was. not whinging about the front eyelashes on the screen like so many of our brother yanks was saying in early threads. for fucks sake if you dont like the tiger the way it is go buy something eles. :roll: and let the TRUE TIGER owners get on with this site.

RedMenace

Quote from: "madmax"not for me thanks.spoke front cast rear looks shit.i got my tiger because i liked the bike the way it was. not whinging about the front eyelashes on the screen like so many of our brother yanks was saying in early threads. for fucks sake if you dont like the tiger the way it is go buy something eles. :roll: and let the TRUE TIGER owners get on with this site.

While I have to agree with you regarding the wheels on this bike, the tenor of your post shows an utter lack of imagination. If you don't have the vision and the balls to change your bike to fit your needs you might as well be in a cage... :roll:
The Red Menace

Brock

I have to say I agree with most of what Madmax says. The bike is a wacky and weird hybrid of two excellent bikes. That's all.

Vision? Balls? yes...I've got those. But I don't see anything in the photos that I'd "need".
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

RedMenace

Quote from: "Brock"I have to say I agree with most of what Madmax says. The bike is a wacky and weird hybrid of two excellent bikes. That's all.

Vision? Balls? yes...I've got those. But I don't see anything in the photos that I'd "need".

yeah but they got rid of those effete eyebrows, and that has got to count for something! :P  :lol:
The Red Menace

madmax

red dont talk about imagination to me on bikes. my last bike was a cagiva v raptor 1000 v twin. the guy who designed the raptor had loads of  [BALLS AND IMAGINATION ) thats why i got one .the bit about the cage i dont like. good job your across the water.

RedMenace

Quote from: "madmax"red dont talk about imagination to me on bikes. my last bike was a cagiva v raptor 1000 v twin. the guy who designed the raptor had loads of  [BALLS AND IMAGINATION ) thats why i got one .the bit about the cage i dont like. good job your across the water.

So the designer had imagination....what did you do besides buy it?

dude I am just pulling your chain, you gotta learn to relax :lol:
The Red Menace

RedMenace

speaking of imagination, I imagine I can make a sprocket cover gasket that might not leak. I seem to be making changing the chain and sprockets into a week long clusterfuck. Didn't plan this out, been running to town every five minutes for bits I forgat I needed. I spose I had better get back out in the garage and finish putting my bike back together and leave off giving the Limeys a hard time :D

The Red Menace

madmax

red no offence but i was trying to get across the point that if you buy a bike cos you love the way it looks then why change it into something eles??? 8)

RedMenace

Quote from: "madmax"red no offence but i was trying to get across the point that if you buy a bike cos you love the way it looks then why change it into something eles??? 8)

yeah, I hear you. In my case, I think the Tiger is a better package than the GS, but it doesn't quite do what I need it to do. The Steamer is really close, but has some design issues. The EFI deals with those design issues but has moved towards being a more street oriented bike, not as tough off road as the Steamer was. If I replace my Tiger with a new generation Tiger I will need to do some major changes to make it capable of doing what I need it to do. As much as I hate to say it, I will probably follow your logic to its extreme conclusion and get a KTM. But not just yet...

If you like your bike bone stock off the shelf, more power to you. I tend to get too involved with my machines and twist them into something that is all mine. That's the way I like it. That is what I admire when I look at another persons bike. Bone stock seems like a blank page waiting to be written upon. Bolt on catalog modifications seem like Hall Mark greeting cards-sometimes kinda cute, but lacking depth. I like bikes that were built by the rider, preferably using pieces from other machines, not necessarily even other motobikes. Just my perversion of the aesthetic, yours may( and should) vary :)
The Red Menace

Deltabox

oooh, you b'stards...  :evil:

Posting this link, just as I had decided to leave my steamer a bog stock...  :wink:

Now I'm thinking, could that rear fork be made to fit the steamer? And where could I find a matching front rim? And how much HP could I get from my 885 cc?

Thanks a lot you guys! You'll have to answer to the mrs...

:lol:
Red T400 (\'94)

Also: FZR 600 (\'91)