News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike Lowering?

Started by nealperkins, May 14, 2004, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nealperkins

Did I read correctly that the Tiger can be lowered a bit? Actually, I think it was in the MCN Magazine regarding a tour of New Zealand and that they lowered the bike 2 inches for someone. If so, how would I go about it?

Thanks
Neal Perkins

There are 3 kinds of people;

those who can count,

and those who can\'t.

Robmac

yes, I'm vertically challenged at 5'8" (for a tiger anyway) and found I was tip toeing when stopped with the thought that one day when least expected over she'll go.  I rotated the back chain adjusters through 180 deg and dropped the forks by 20mm through the yokes. Its made a great difference, given me heaps more confidence particularly in traffic and its seems to have made the handling even better through bends. You will need to put a spacer under the chainguard to stop it fouling the top of the chain/sprocket. Interestingly on the 05 models I think the adjuster has been altered to a slot type, but I believe its lower anyway?

Rob

nealperkins

Rob, thanks for your response.

Neal
Neal Perkins

those who can count,

and those who can\'t.

Brock

I understand you'll need to shorten the side-stand too.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Briker

It also requires the centerstand to be shortened. I could get mine on the stand, but it was very difficult.

Tigermoto

Neal,

I ride in the Dakotas with strong winds.  I had mine lowered and find crosswinds of 45mph managable.  I think the smaller side target helps.  As far as suspension travel, I haven't had any problems.  I plan a trackday next month and it has been recommended I raise it for maximum lean, but I'm not sure I'll do that.  ............Mark.
Mark O. Jensen

\'01 Triumph Tiger \"Tigermoto\"

former: 119th Fighter Wing, NDANG, Flt Surg

nealperkins

I'm going to do it!

Although I can easily reach the ground on level footing; off road can present some exciting times!
Neal Perkins

those who can count,

and those who can\'t.