News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 04 Tiger

Started by Mike, May 16, 2004, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Top of  HardKnott pass lake district, The  Tiger  was  made  for  these roads................. :twisted:

Kitty

Hi Mike!

You lucky one, good weather you had, even sunshine!

I have learned that Lake District is what it is known for: ÏThe wettest place in BritainÓ!

You havenÌt told us that the Hard Knott pass, despite of its low altitude of 400 meters has a rise of 30 % with such sharp and small bends like a corkscrew so for me it is one of the most difficult bastards of (asphalted) mountain passes I ever know in Europe!

I have conquered Hard Knott two years ago with my old BMW GS that was made for these roads as well. In June this year I think I will have the chance to check how it works with the Tiger!

The picture below is from a pass near Hard Knott leading to a nice valley named Great Langdale. With its 25 % it is one of the easy, simple passes in Lake District÷

ChrisN

Hello Mike, and Kitty,

Nice pictures.

I too was over the Wrynose and Hardknott on Saturday 15/05/04. The weather was superb for the Lake District and so I took many photos whilst riding over this great route from Ambleside to Eskdale.

This is the last I took before heading off south and over Coney Fell which in contast is a much faster single track for the Tiger to lap up.
Chris

Howlin

:shock:  Chris,over here in the states are satelite toilets don't have windows!lol
Uhh....or is that a telly? :D
Nice silver Tiger you have !!

ChrisN

Howlin, don't you know anything - that's a Time Machine - it's been following me everywhere ?
Chris