News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Consumption

Started by Thrax, May 22, 2004, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrax

What sort of consumption are you Tiger riders generally getting?

mitch

On a 1083 kilometer  trip,18.3 kilometers per litre,but I was running the bike in that day.Sorry don't know what that is in miles per gallon!! :)

NortonCharlie

Ussually 42 mpg (US)  Best about 46 worst about 38
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Kitty

Quote from: "Thrax"What sort of consumption are you Tiger riders generally getting?

7 - 10 pints of Guinness per evening I guess...

Okay, (sorry) here's my Tigers consumption:

In Norway where there is a speed max of 90 km/h, Tiger had a consumption of 4,68 liter per 100 km (or 21,3 kilometers per liter)

At home where I have a mix of small country roads (60-100 km/h) and fast roads with a max speed of 140 km/h, TigerÃŒs consumption is about 5,0 to 5,5 liter per 100 km (20 to 18,1 km per liter).

tigerowner_ut

42 miles per US gallon is my lowest, 56 mpg is my best, and 44 is average.  Seems to get better milage when I push it harder.   :D/

Actually freeway miles bring things down to 42 mpg.  Backroads are consistantly between 50 and 56 mpg
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

Dick Boyer

My 04 Tiger gives me over 50mpg imperial on most occasions. I don't baby it. I've never run out of gas but am quite sure I could go over 450km on a tank of gas assuming we're talking 24 litre.

ChrisN

Out riding with a VFR friend he pulled in to fill up and so I too topped up the Tiger getting 11 litres in following 110miles of mixed riding including fast Motorway, A, and B roads.

Thats 10 miles per litre, equating to 45miles to the UK gallon.

Anyone else got a UK fix on consumption ? ....fuel, not Guinness !
Chris

Brock

Yeah...I suppose I get about the same...45mpg. I can't say I've been keeping too much of an eye on it. I will say though, that I don't think the Race can (Triumph's own) has made much difference to consumption. Obviously it makes the engine more efficient, meaning you're not working it so hard to get the performance.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Robbie

Yesterday coming back from Stirling 238miles 20.3 Litres 53.3MPG

70-90MPH (honest) motorways and fast A's, solo but with the 41L Touratechs
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

RedMenace

I consistently get around 25 mpg
The Red Menace

Brock

Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

tigerowner_ut

Quote from: "RedMenace"I consistently get around 25 mpg

Consider that the Red Menace has a sidecar.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

davebikeuk

Just returned from a short tour of  the North of Scotland on my 05 Tiger which was fully loaded (both panniers & topbox) + the wife the Tiger impressed me with a fuel comsuption of 12.25 miles per litre = 55.68 miles per gallon, which is a lot more than the Blackbird  I used last year returned.
DAVEBIKE

RedMenace

Quote from: "tigerowner_ut"
Quote from: "RedMenace"I consistently get around 25 mpg

Consider that the Red Menace has a sidecar.

You sure know how to spoil a good troll :lol:

Jay sed he got 40 mpg with his 96 Tiger/Ural outfit. I accused him of prevarication, naturally.

Don't know what the previous owner did to his bike, but I suspect it is geared up to increase performance, along with the D&D exhausts and who knows what else, whilst mine is geared down and flogged with lots of tire spinning and such, which might account for the difference.
The Red Menace

tigerowner_ut

Menace,

That 25mpg is well earned with all the dualsporting you do on the "Big Kitty."  I have seen your picture in a magazine about the Black Dog DS ride (i think that is right).  Anyway if there is anyone around that can testify to the Tiger's ability it is you.

Me, I keep my "Girly Yellow Tiger" on pavement and mild 4x4 roads.  I'll tackle the rest on my WR450.
Cheers,

David

03 WR450 (lots of mods)