News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Non-schrader fitting at valve stem

Started by echoyankee, July 06, 2004, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

echoyankee

I'm new-ish to my 2001 (Black) tiger.  

I had the great misfortune of finding myself unable to check tire pressure or add air to my tires (which didn't really seem to be required at any rate) about 350 miles from home this previous weekend.  

It would seem that I have overlooked a key element in my pre-ride checklist.  

I have a funny feeling that this question has been asked before, and I've run a search on the board to try to answer it, but it looks like I'll have to bother you gents with this one:

Where can I get an adapter that will bridge the gap between my valve stems and the standard schrader valve fitting air compressors at gas stations everywhere?  

Are all tigers equipped with these "presta" looking valves?  (my only other experience with a valve that looked like this is aboard a racing bicycle with said valve fitting.  

What say you all?

Many thanks for your time and patience in advance,

Best,

echoyankee

By the way, touring with the new (to me) Tiger is GREAT!  I think I'm gonna try to find a taller windshield though.

echoyankee

Figured out the problem.

There was an in-line presta adaptor that is covered by a rubber cap.  When I went down a few milimeters more and unscrewed the entire adaptor off the valve stem, the schrader fitting made itself apparent.  

(God.  Sometimes I marvel at how I manage to get out of bed.)

Best,

echoyankee