News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BlackTiger crashes!

Started by Guest, May 23, 2004, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just to let the Tiger world know, I crashed in France on the 14th May. In L'opital en France with broken collar bone and 3 ribs until the 20th when I was brought home by my travel insurance.

Bike not too bad apparently. Most damage saved by the Touratech crashbars. Certainly not a write-off. Shame really 'coz I fancy a new one.

So that's my summer done for. Now just sitting at home trying not to drink too much beer.

RedMenace

sorry to hear that-heal well, heal quickly!
The Red Menace

Brock

Massive wishes for a speedy recovery, mate. As they say..."it could have been worse!". Time to hit the beer and girly mags!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

Blimey!! out of interest can you give us a run down of what happened includeing how the insurance worked,i dare say we can all learn something,were you going out or on the way home?.

Chris

BP_LONDON

Sorry to hear that mate! I dropped my current bike last week but not as badly as you.

ChrisN

Best wishes mate and a speedy recovery.

Let us all know more detail when you feel you can.
Chris

Basically, I hit an island in the middle of the road which I didn't see!

I was behind a friend and we were following a car which slowed at a fork in the road. My friend moved out to overtake and I did the same to give him room and BANG! I was scraping down the road on my side thinking "What the f#@k happened there?"

Having thought about this since. I have wondered how I would have got home without my BMF travel insurance. They arranged everything. Even putting pressure on the police to return my documents to me in hospital. The pigs held everything up by holding onto my documents for 4 days insisting that I pick them up when I got out of hospital.

My recommendations are :-

a) take out travel insurance with medical cover. Make sure it does not exclude motorcycling.

b) Take photocopies of ALL your documents. With the police hanging onto my documents, I couldn't phone the bike insurance to let them know. The travel insurance couldn't book a flight for me without my passport number. Etc.etc.

Chris Canning

Thanks for that,i could write war and piece on medical insurance,and the bit about makeing sure it covers motorcycles!!! i've never heard a true'r word,but the photo copy angle!!! never thought about it,but will do from now on!!.

Chris