News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New to Steamers - luggage

Started by Diesel Dave, February 01, 2009, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Dave

I have just aquired a '96 steamer and this is my first post here.

Although it's far from standard as it has a 1000cc diesel triple and aftermarket Harley 6 speed gearbox, so I can claim to have the lowest powered Tiger out on the road but probibly the most economical.

I need to fit a pair of big ally pannier cases - any recomendations for carrier frames and boxes?

Cheers
Dave
\'96 Tiger with 1000cc diesel triple and Harley 6 speed gearbox
\'65 Royal Enfield Diesel 9hp
\'72 Honda C90

John Stenhouse

Where are you Dave? If your stateside this is no use, but metal mule make panniers and frames or go to the BMW gser site and look for Verns luggage, he makes it bespoke so no worries about fit.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Quote from: "Diesel Dave"I have just aquired a '96 steamer and this is my first post here.

Although it's far from standard as it has a 1000cc diesel triple and aftermarket Harley 6 speed gearbox, so I can claim to have the lowest powered Tiger out on the road but probibly the most economical.

Cheers
Dave
Welcome to the site
We want pictures of said beast
you have my interest  :thumbsup

Diesel Dave

Piccies here:

There are actually 3 in existance, the first is a blue one with the smaller 900cc motor

Mine's the next in line with the 1000cc lump, and retained the hydraulic clutch actuation:

The last has the same 1000cc motor but also has a supercharger:

This one needs more development as so far there is little gain from the supercharger.

I'm in Essex in the UK and we have an annual diesel bike rally at the end of May at Billingshurst, Bat & Ball Pub.

All are welcome - so come long and take the mickey.

Cheers
Dave
\'72 Honda C90

Stretch

Badass!  Welcome aboard.

adrian jones

welcome.
Cool bike.  Never ridden a diesel bike before must be interesting.
Search the "farkles" section seems a guy had a line on cheap "home-grown" ally panniers not sure may have been for a newer model but I am sure could be adapted.

Found IT!  See below.  I am sure would work on yours with the right mounts.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=panniers
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

aeronca

the blue one makes me cry :cry: or drink :new_all_coholic , either way - awsome :rock-1
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

Hepco becker makes frames, and just about any aluminum panniers will work.  If you want cheap, try klr650.com.  

Geof

Diesel Dave

Thanks for the Hepco & Becker suggestion - appreciated, Motobins are able to supply in the UK.

It looks like the Diesel Tiger has been christened, a friend popped over and saw it start up:

"Sounds like a tank" he quipped!

So there it is, 'Tiger Tank'

Dave
\'72 Honda C90

Mr. Jetmoto

I've got a set of Hepco Gobi's on mine. They are pretty nice cases, and can take a lower speed dirt fall pretty well too. Though you may be replacing latches if it happens.

They do make the back of the bike pretty fat, and I really like the way steamers look without luggage racks. But, we do need to carry stuff around, so I recomend the Hepco's

By the way, that bike is pretty cool too.

coachgeo

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)