News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

More Tiger Wisdom... What NOT To Do...

Started by Stretch, March 20, 2009, 11:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Nice one, Geoff.  It does say something about temp on the tin :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff W

Real men don't read instructions.........besides there was paint all over the tin and loads of other lame excuses.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

When installing directional tyres make sure you check twice before mounting them. :augie And even though it is usually obvious which way the wheels fit on the bike I always put a directional arrow on the disc as an extra reminder for the way the tyre should be mounted..
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Quote from: nickjtc on February 17, 2014, 09:46:05 PM
When installing directional tyres make sure you check twice before mounting them. :augie :augie  And even though it is usually obvious which way the wheels fit on the bike I always put a directional arrow on the disc as an extra reminder for the way the tyre should be mounted..

Yeah could of told me before  :icon_redface:  :augie  lesson learnt

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

rex007can

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

TT

Make sure the spare Grey DIN plug is secured on the injectors loom, or it may get stuck under the throttle return mechanism like itbdid with me yesterday

Bixxer Bob

Jam open?  I had that happen,  quite a lot of  :bug_eye  before I got it stopped....

nickjtc

Quote from: TT on September 23, 2014, 12:51:40 AM
Make sure the spare Grey DIN plug is secured on the injectors loom, or it may get stuck under the throttle return mechanism like itbdid with me yesterday

Time to change the underwear after an event like that, perhaps............

TT

Had my 9 year old daughter on the back to, just had the engine out to respray it, and never secured the sod, what's it for anyway, plugs in to nowt.

Don't wear underwear.

Bixxer Bob

The plug is for the California model; part of the emmisions control for that model.

nickjtc

Pick up a new (to you) motorcycle and be so dazzled by its innate beauty and charisma that you do not perform a perfunctory pre-ride inspection. Then ride it for 300kms (some in a sporting manner on roads with no shoulder and a several hundred foot drop off) before wondering what the tools in the tool kit will actually be useful for.

Then find out that the big ring spanner fits the rear axle nut, but that the nut is not even finger tight!! :bug_eye

nickjtc

Buy Dealertool when Tune ECU does exactly the same thing for nowt outlay.

Edit: UNLESS you have ABS brakes and want to do a 'full' bleed, in which case Dealertool helps.

Bixxer Bob