News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

welds

Started by madmax, June 09, 2004, 10:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmax

8) having just done 300mls in wales on sunday.(great time) put tiger in the garage only to see id left part of it in wales.the exhauhst cowling had gone.the bottem screw was missing and the 2 welded brackets on the down pipes had shered of.i dont now if this is a one off but might be worth checking the welds??if anyone sees it at the side of the road in wales give us a bell :lol:  :lol:

I'd see your dealer about a warranty claim. You would have had to have hit something pretty big to rip that off.

madmax

8) blacktiger i dident hit anything it just fell off .as for warranty my tigers 1999. :oops:

Chris Canning

If I remember rightly Madmax you've got a 900i,they were notorious for dropping the exhuast guard off(the welds fracture),mine dropped of in the South of France on the motorway near Montepeliar,had a Froggie come bollocking past on his Blade jumping up and down,stopped on the hard shoulder,looked at the bike couldn't see anything wrong and carried on,got to the next fuel station,he was there pointed to the guard of lack of and that was that.

Got home the Dealer did it under warranty,and said they'd had loads do it they have to replace all of the headers,if you look at the 955,they've changed the design.

Chris