News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sports Tiger

Started by Chris Canning, June 09, 2004, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Interesting article in todays MCN,about a sports Tiger that will be introduced in september as a 2005 model,along the lines of the Multistrada 17" wheels and a quicker motor,only an artist's impression with a picture of the Italian Tiger that has been doing the rounds,certainley hope for me!!! who was bitterly dissapointed with the so called 'New' 2005 version.

Chris

Brock

There's a few interesting ideas there...but spokes at the front with a Daytona cast wheel at the back? And is that a pannier on the opposite side to the can? Weird.

How about the "colour co-ordinated" bash plate on the artist's impression of the Triumph version? Now that's more like it...why waste money on a belly pan when all you need to do is get a can of dayglo green paint and spray the sucker! I can actually see Triumph doing this.

No, honestly...I can.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

burntclutch

Any link to an online pic of this? :D

mhertz17

I do not have access to MCN and wonder if you can post more details on the "sports tiger" ? Is it to be as street oriented as the Multistrada? Will it be lighter in weight than it is now and restyled at all? I like the Tiger for the way it fits my 6" 4"  body but do not require any off-road capabilities thus my interest in the Multistrada.  If Triumph makes it more street biased I would be very interested.

Chris Canning

Hi Brock(Chris)

I didn't take to much notice of the Italian version of the Tiger,i think it was done just to spur Triumph on,the MCN mockup looked good,although they can be notoriously wrong,the wednesday comic is pretty good on Triumph stuff,no one else had the 1300 project pictures that got scrapped,and the picture of the 05 Tiger was exactly the same as whats on sale now,but if they come out something similar then they'll be on to a real winner,as they said the Multistrada is already Ducati's biggest seller,they just need to get a head of the game before the Japs get involved.

I fimly believed that Triumph should have found their niche in the market by makeing the 05 Tiger a SuperMoto job,but obviously with whats comeing you can see why they didn't.

Chris

Looks good for road riders. Wouldn't like to explore up a dirt road though. Yeah, yeah... not wot it's for.

I just hope they don't drop the more useful version.