News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

maybe buying a 2005

Started by drdean, June 10, 2004, 03:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdean

I've been thinking of trading in my 2000 Concours for a new tiger.  Any thoughts from the group?  My biggest reservation is with wind mangement - I think the conc may have spoiled me.  

Are there any aftermarket screens that can come anyplace close?  I prefer to ride with my face shield up and sunglasses in a nice pocket - but still looking over the windscreen.

I'm looking for something a bit more nimble at low speeds.  The conc (although a great bike) is rather heavy and really topheavy.

I ride about 10,000 miles per year - mostly commuting b/w my 2 offices - about 60 miles roundtrip. I'm 6'-1" and 200.

Any concours/tiger owners out there?

Brock

There's enough recent discussion on the Tiger versus the opposition to keep you going in general terms. Everyone on here loves the bike to bits, and so they should. It's certainly the most nimble of the big traillies.

If you're concerned about wind turbulence, you'll probably need a Ceebaileys screen. They're the only aftermarket screens that make any difference. Do a search on Ceebailey and you'll find the thread. Whatever screen you go for, I'd be surprised if you find the "pocket" of still air that you're used to. The bike isn't about that type of experience.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Quote from: "drdean"I've been thinking of trading in my 2000 Concours

What's a "Concours"?

Howlin

Having owned 3 ÎconniesÌ with Rifle screens you will not have the same ride with a Tiger,windwise.
With a full tank you may feel somewhat like the Con but you get used to it or not even aware of it after a short time of riding the Tiger.You have almost the same range as the Kaw,but the smile factor is 10 fold more! :)
I have a 03,had a 01 and love em.
If you can demo one or ride a buddies,do so. I am your size so you should not have a problem with a Tiger.

ChrisN

I think they're horse chestnuts..... :?:

Sorry, just my little joke,

I'll get me coat....................
Chris