News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Why didn't I just get a GoldWing??

Started by atokad, April 18, 2009, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atokad

Have you ever asked yourself this?  I mean let's look at a standard list of Tiger farkles:
A different seat
Tank bag
Tail bag
Bar risers
Lower the pegs
Tool tube
Center stand
GPS
Different windscreen
Upgraded horn
Driving lights
Fuse block for all the farkles
CAT ring cruise control - or other
Heated grips
Mirror extenders
Crash bars
Skid/bash plate

I think the only thing missing is a Reverse gear and a CB radio and about 800 cc's ! :BangHead  

What do you think?

flux

I actually want a Goldwing.  And I'm only 30.  Does that make me weird?   :lol:

TigerTrax

Well put....

But you bought the Tiger to 'be different' or 'an affordable ADVENTURE bike. What ever it is or isn't, it's terrific bike. The problem is that we 'buy stuff'. And of course the rest of the world ridicules us for that... even if it's their 'stuff' we buy!

In the Tiger's case .... Triumph took a lot of short cuts, put some questionable components on it to keep the initial costs down and sold 40!

Your new Gold Wing is $20K+... and they are nice.

Keep your Tiger/keep it stripped + Buy a used Gold Wing.
See you on a straight road at a Cracker Barrel!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JetdocX

You left out the booming stereo, heated seat, drink holders, esspresso maker and daquiri blender, I'm sure. :roll:

Plus I like splitting lanes and a Leadwing won't do it. :wink:
From parts unknown.

atokad

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Well put....

But you bought the Tiger to 'be different' or 'an affordable ADVENTURE bike. What ever it is or isn't, it's terrific bike.

Keep your Tiger/keep it stripped + Buy a used Gold Wing.

Yeah - love the Tiger. The thread topic was in now way meant to say I would rather have a GW in place of the Tiger, just a question I asked myslef after adding the latest farkle, bar risers.  They look like h*ll, but I'm sure will make my longer rides more comfortable, and that's when the "Shoulda got a Wing" thread entered my brain.

Used Wing may be a reality: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1116950233.html

Stripped standard Tiger? Too late for that.  :roll:

atokad

Quote from: "flux"I actually want a Goldwing.  And I'm only 30.  Does that make me weird?   :lol:

No. Owning the Tiger makes you wierd. :o

Bixxer Bob

I remember from Vermin's blog that he parked Cack (I'm assuming we're all familiar with Vermin....) next to a brand new Gold Wing on a ferry.  The GW owner goes through all the farkles his wing has whilst Vermin listens quietly.  When the guy had finished, Vermin summed it up, "So, when putting your brand new GW alongside Cack,  what you got for your $18,000 is cruise control and a morbid fear of getting it scratched?"

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Priceless!!!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

haulin' daze

I saw four Goldwings out yesterday for the first great day of spring. Zero Tigers. I'm sure they are comfy, but I love getting crazy WTF? looks. :shock:

Stretch

That's kind of like what the Strom guys tell new owners...

"As soon as you get it home, kick it over and break off one of the front turn signals.  Get it over with."

AK Tiger

I think the only thing missing is a Reverse gear and a CB radio and about 800 cc's !  Yeah, that and another 425 lbs of road hugging weight!   :D
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

TigerTrax

On the other side of the coin....
the 1800cc Gold Daddy ... with a good rider.... can frustrate a canyon carver all day long. ( While slurping on a Big Gulp! )
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Bixxer Bob

You mean like this???

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

atokad

Quote from: "JetdocX"That's sick! 8)

Showing your age Jet, the proper way to express that now days is, "That's sic!"

Knew I should've got a Wing....  :?

oxnsox

...and hey if you got your Wing  how long would it be before you started adding farkles to that....  like say a third wheel.....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~