News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Used 2001 Tiger - Good Deal?????

Started by bigjca4, June 10, 2004, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjca4

I just heard from a dealer in PA that is willing to trade even steven for my 2001 yamaha roadstar.  Just wondering if the 2001 is a good bike, what glitches do they have.  I'm trying to sweeten the deal by getting the hard saddle bags too.  My bike that I'd be trading him for has saddlebags, so I should get them with his bike.  Plus he's a triumph dealer so he should have them.

We'll see.

Brock

Speaking as an owner, the 2001 Tigger is an incredibly good bike. Alright...it aint perfect, but it's the best big traillie out there for the money. A bit different to that thing you're used to, though...a little higher maybe?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

bigjca4

Higher is fine with me.  You should see me split traffic on that thing.  I keep whacking cars with those saddlebags.  For some reason people keep yelling at me.  I had to put an extra baffel in those pipes also cause they were way too loud.  A friend of mine that lives a 1/4 mile away from me could hear me star the bike.

So I have no problem with higher seat/riding position.  I'm 6ft 7in tall so I not afraid of hieghts.

Chris Canning

As a 2001 bike it could be either old stock 900i or the new(then) 955,the panniers are an optional extra that may or not have been bought by the original owner,so there's no logic in you haveing them just because there on your P/X.

The panniers only came as standard on the last of the old model(04) as a sweetner.

Chris

bigjca4

We'll see what he comes back with.  But my bike is worth $2000 more than his so I'm not giving m bike away.  He needs to throw in some sweetners, at least center stand, tank bag, etc.