News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Potential Tiger Buyer..... Give me your thoughts..LONG POST

Started by sammyj18, June 11, 2004, 12:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westport Brit

Can't agree more on the number of neutrals - sometimes soft as a feather all the way through to a hell of a bang. Same is true for going up through the gears - mechanic says that these boxes sweeten with age - don't know what everyone elses experience has been - don't have enough miles on my 03 yet

WB

Chris Canning

Hi Dave

You want to transform your BM gearbox??,drain the porridge that passes of as gearbox oil,and replay it with a fully synthetic one,i use Mobil 1,it takes a leap of faith i'm afraid,as they are completely opposite,but does it make a difference!!!,even find neutrel when it's cold!!!

Chris

BigDave

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Hi Dave

You want to transform your BM gearbox??,drain the porridge that passes of as gearbox oil,and replay it with a fully synthetic one,i use Mobil 1,it takes a leap of faith i'm afraid,as they are completely opposite,but does it make a difference!!!,even find neutrel when it's cold!!!

Chris

I actually just did my 6000 mile service & changed the tranny & final drive to synthetic.  It makes a serious difference!  The 1st gear clunk is still there of course but not quite as bad.  Overall though things are smoother.  I'll ty synth in the engine at 12,000 miles too.  :)